Villa Dorata, a super-luxury private palazzo perched 94 steps above the glorious Mediterranean and the light of Positano.
Live like royalty in a villa decorated in high Baroque style—amidst lush, tasseled draperies; meticulously selected works of art; ornate chandeliers; exquisite frescoed ceilings; and vaulted alcoves. The exterior is an oasis of verdant gardens, fragrant citrus groves, and picturesque outdoor terraces with breathtaking panoramic ocean and village views.
The high Baroque architectural details evident throughout the villa are highlighted by rich jewel-tone color scheme, gilt-framed works of art, and romantic terraces. There are sumptuously soft sofas, crystal chandeliers, lavish draperies, inlaid ceilings, and exquisite alcoves that make a stay at villa Dorata a life-long memory. Outside, Eden-like gardens and surrounding groves make lounging and dining al fresco as privileged an experience as life within. Couple all this with a full staff just waiting to attend to your needs, including freshly squeezed juices from the lemons and oranges grown outside your bedroom windows, homemade marmalades and pastries, the finest wine cellar, and two traditional Italian pizza fornos!
Ground Floor (Entrance level)
- Study with sitting room and fireplace
- Office with fax and TV
- Formal living room with double doors leading to front terrace
- Dining room leading to large, professional kitchen with large stone fireplace and 2 pizza ovens
- Modern, full-service spa—complete with Turkish steam bath, hot-and-cold water showers, sauna, Jacuzzi with oxygen-therapy, and massage room; beautifully tiled pool with resistance-swimming option and waterfall
- Private chapel
- Private terrace with antique-tiled fountain
- Ground level features a large terrace perfect for dining al fresco
- Garden level, enjoy orange, lemon, and mandarin groves and a quaint loggia to unwind
- Center of Positano can be reached in eight minutes via steps through the main road (the beach and restaurants can be reached in 15 minutes)
- First Floor
- Bedroom 1: Master queen suite with sitting room and large en-suite bathroom with large shower
- Bedroom 2: Master king suite with sitting room, two small balconies overlooking garden and en-suite stone shower. Access from both bedrooms to communal terrace with stunning views of Positano and Capri
- Second Floor (Garden level)
- Bedrooms 3 & 4: 2 Junior suites, each with 1 queen bed and stunning views of the sea and either Positano or the front garden. Both bedrooms have private bathrooms, private access to the garden, gazebo, and road
- Bedroom 5: Single bedroom with private bathroom with shower
- Central A/C and heat
- DSL and Wi-Fi
- Plasma TVs
- DVD/CD player
- i-Pod docking station
- Surround-sound system in each room
- Wine cellar
- Alarm system
- Luxury embroidered linens and towels
- 2 Washing machines
- Light controls
- Ice machine
- Mini bar
- Private spa/pool terrace
- Ski boat and water sports equipment rental available upon request
Staff and Services
- Staff included - (two ladies to cook and serve from 8:30am to 1:30pm and from 5pm to 8pm
- Pool service and gardener maintenance daily
- Daily change of linens and bath towels included
- Daily continental breakfast included
- Additional staff hours on request: €15 per hour per staff
- Porter service included from 8am to 6pm
- Chef service available on request
- Well-supervised children permitted (babysitting services available upon request)
- Positano - 8 minutes via steps
- Sorrento - 25 minutes by car
- Amalfi - 20 minutes by car
- Naples - 1 hour and 15 minutes by car
- Use of electricity for all amenities within the spa (sauna room, heated swimming pool with oxygen therapy, outdoor and indoor whirlpool, music surround-sound system and plasma TV) approximately €400 per week
- Telephone and fax usage is additional
- One complimentary cooking class included
- Telephone & fax charges extra
- Pets allowed with dog sitter (available at extra charge)
- Food allowance: €2,000 due upon arrival in cash
Amalfi Coast Villa Notes
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
|Now to Jul 19, 2014||5||
$ 2,755 € 2000 $ 2927 $ 2960 2487 £ 1622
|Now to Jul 26, 2014
Special Rate! Reduced from €2000 per night
$ 2,618 € 1900 $ 2781 $ 2812 2362 £ 1541
|Jul 26, 2014 to Sep 27, 2014||5||
$ 2,755 € 2000 $ 2927 $ 2960 2487 £ 1622
Holiday rates are on request.
Security Deposit: €10,000 - collected & held in house.
Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
The exact location of Dorata is not available on this map. The pin on the map below shows the approximate location of Positano, Amalfi Coast:
There are currently no reviews.
There are currently no specials available for Dorata.
About Amalfi Coast
Considered one of Europe's most beautiful coastlines, the Amalfi Coast is a must-see for jetsetters, honeymooners, or anyone looking for a bit of inspiration. Pastel-colored houses and winding staircases dot the rocky shoreline, and the scent of lemon groves and citrus flowers fills the air. Bike ride along winding hill paths, lounge on picturesque beaches, or simply enjoy the breathtaking view from your terrace perched over the sea.
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.