Villa Dorata, a super-luxury private palazzo perched 94 steps above the glorious Mediterranean and the light of Positano.
Live like royalty in a villa decorated in high Baroque style—amidst lush, tasseled draperies; meticulously selected works of art; ornate chandeliers; exquisite frescoed ceilings; and vaulted alcoves. The exterior is an oasis of verdant gardens, fragrant citrus groves, and picturesque outdoor terraces with breathtaking panoramic ocean and village views.
The high Baroque architectural details evident throughout the villa are highlighted by rich jewel-tone color scheme, gilt-framed works of art, and romantic terraces. There are sumptuously soft sofas, crystal chandeliers, lavish draperies, inlaid ceilings, and exquisite alcoves that make a stay at villa Dorata a life-long memory. Outside, Eden-like gardens and surrounding groves make lounging and dining al fresco as privileged an experience as life within. Couple all this with a full staff just waiting to attend to your needs, including freshly squeezed juices from the lemons and oranges grown outside your bedroom windows, homemade marmalades and pastries, the finest wine cellar, and two traditional Italian pizza fornos!
Ground Floor (Entrance level)
- Study with sitting room and fireplace
- Office with fax and TV
- Formal living room with double doors leading to front terrace
- Dining room leading to large, professional kitchen with large stone fireplace and 2 pizza ovens
- Modern, full-service spa—complete with Turkish steam bath, hot-and-cold water showers, sauna, Jacuzzi with oxygen-therapy, and massage room; beautifully tiled pool with resistance-swimming option and waterfall
- Private chapel
- Private terrace with antique-tiled fountain
- Ground level features a large terrace perfect for dining al fresco
- Garden level, enjoy orange, lemon, and mandarin groves and a quaint loggia to unwind
- Center of Positano can be reached in eight minutes via steps through the main road (the beach and restaurants can be reached in 15 minutes)
- Bedroom 1 (first floor): Master queen suite with sitting room and large en-suite bathroom with large shower
- Bedroom 2 (first floor): Master king suite with sitting room, two small balconies overlooking garden and en-suite stone shower. Access from both bedrooms to communal terrace with stunning views of Positano and Capri
- Bedrooms 3 and 4 (second floor - garden level): Two double bedrooms, each with 1 queen bed and stunning views of the sea and either Positano or the front garden. Both bedrooms have private bathrooms, private access to the garden, gazebo, and road
- Bedroom 5 (second floor - garden level): Single bedroom with private bathroom with shower
- Central A/C and heat
- DSL and Wi-Fi
- Plasma TVs
- DVD/CD player
- i-Pod docking station
- Surround-sound system in each room
- Wine cellar
- Alarm system
- Luxury embroidered linens and towels
- 2 Washing machines
- Light controls
- Ice machine
- Mini bar
- Private spa/pool terrace
- Ski boat and water sports equipment rental available upon request
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Staff included (two ladies to cook and serve from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm and from 5pm to 8pm)
- Daily change of linens and bath towels
- Daily continental breakfast
- One complimentary cooking class
- 4-hour complimentary boat tour
- Pool service and garden maintenance daily
- Porter service included from 8 am to 6 pm (Sat)
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Additional staff hours
- Professional chef, depending on availability
- Positano - 8 minutes via steps
- Sorrento - 25 minutes by car
- Amalfi - 20 minutes by car
- Naples - 1 hour and 15 minutes by car
- Electricity, central A/C, heat, and water is included
- Telephone and fax charged on usage
- Food allowance: €2,000
Amalfi Coast Villa Notes
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
|Now to Jan 2, 2016||5||
$ 2,238 € 2000 $ 3067 $ 2909 2167 £ 1434
Holiday rates are on request.
Parking fee per day: €25 for car, € 30 for van, valet service included
Security Deposit: €10,000
Minimum Stay: 1 Week - Saturday to Saturday rentals.
Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
The exact location of Dorata - Also Known as Palazzo Santa Croce is not available on this map. The pin on the map below shows the approximate location of Positano, Amalfi Coast:
Dorata - Also Known as Palazzo Santa Croce Reviews
There are currently no reviews.
There are currently no specials available for Dorata - Also Known as Palazzo Santa Croce.
About Amalfi Coast
Considered one of Europe's most beautiful coastlines, the Amalfi Coast is a must-see for jetsetters, honeymooners, or anyone looking for a bit of inspiration. Pastel-colored houses and winding staircases dot the rocky shoreline, and the scent of lemon groves and citrus flowers fills the air. Bike ride along winding hill paths, lounge on picturesque beaches, or simply enjoy the breathtaking view from your terrace perched over the sea.
Learn more about Amalfi Coast »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.