Villa Lilly Amalfi Coast
This world-renowned Praiano, luxury Italian villa boasts breathtaking ocean views from the 10,000 sq ft. main house, overlooking Positano to Capri.
From Villa Lilly’s numerous terraces and gardens, you may take in the enchanting Amalfi Coast and its extensive landscape.
It is not purely chance that celebrities such as Julia Roberts, Michael Keaton, Barbra Streisand, Ben Stiller with his wife Christine Taylor and Dr. Benjamin Carson have stayed at Villa Lilly and that it has featured in numerous international luxury magazines such as Point Devue, The New York Times Magazine, Amica, and AD. Accessible by descending approximately 80 steps from the main street of Praiano, on reaching the villa you get the impression that you have arrived in a small exclusive paradise. The villa enjoys absolutely breathtaking views, with Positano on one side that appears like a jewel set in the cliffs overlooking the sea, along with total privacy and a silence which is only very occasionally broken by a distant horn from a passing ship.
The property consists of a main villa, an ancient cliff top tower comprising of a bedroom and bathroom, and a guest house, built on the rocks which border the sea, with the entrance facing the pool. The particularly scenic effect from the bathroom window of the guest house, which seems as though you are at sea rather than on land, has been immortalized in the pages of Architectural Digest. The tower and the guest house enjoy the same panorama as that of the main villa. In addition to the main house, the medieval tower and the guest house, there is a one bedroom, one bathroom beach house ideal for nannies.
This house leads directly to the Tyrrhenian’s crystal waters and a mooring place for boats. Of the various terraces from which one can admire the view of the Tyrrhenian sea, the largest is that of the main villa divided into two areas one of which is accessed directly from the living room and is furnished for dining under the stars, the other area is situated in front of the ground floor bedroom and furnished with comfortable sofas and armchairs. Further to the elegance and comfort with which Villa Lilly has been furnished, the size of the rooms and some of the bathrooms is noteworthy. Two of the bedrooms in particular are bigger than the others and have large bathrooms and a sea view.
The staff lives in a separate house independent from the villa ensuring complete privacy for guests. For an additional charge a 40-foot speedboat is available for daytrips to explore neighboring Capri or Sorrento. Positano is a mere four minute boat ride away. The luxurious Villa Lilly will take a place in your heart also for it's excellent Mediterranean cooking, particularly it's Italian dishes with a variety of typical recipes from the Amalfi Coast based on fish and vegetables with the flavors of old. When you don't want to climb the 80 steps it is possible to use the private small boat accessible from the mooring place at the foot of the villa, visit the coastline with the boat and car, then return to the villa by car descending the steps without ever having to climb them.
Main Villa - sleeps 8
- Entrance hall
- spacious dining-living room with fireplace and French doors leading out to the terrace
- Few steps up to kitchen with pantry
- 2 double bedrooms with French doors leading out to the terrace furnished with armchairs
- 1 bathroom with bathtub
- Corridor, few steps down to master bedroom with fireplace and en-suite bathroom with hydro massage bath with breathtaking view of the sea Large living room with large windows with sea view
- Small vintage bathroom with bathtub
- Suite bedroom with en-suite large bathroom with hydro-massage bathtub and toilet room
Guest House - sleeps 2
Lower Level (Pool level)
- Double bedroom with sea view
- Bathroom with hydromassage bathtub with breathtaking view of the sea
Tower - sleeps 2
- A quaint one bedroom, one bathroom medieval tower serves as a guest house and rests atop Villa Lilly's outdoor swimming pool
- Expansive terraces, and indigenous gardens
- External staircase leading to the first floor
- 1 bedroom with French bed, fireplace and a spiral staircase leading down to a small bathroom with shower
- Direct exit to the ground floor
In addition to the main house and medieval tower, the property's one bedroom, one bathroom beach house (suitable for a nanny) with breakfast kitchen, 1 double comfortable sofa bed and 1 bathroom with shower. This house leads directly to the Tyrrhenian's crystal waters and a boarding dock for boats.
Breakfast and Lunch
- Enjoy a European continental breakfast consisting of croissants, cappuccino, and juices
- Breakfast is available between 8 AM -12 PM
- Chef will also prepare traditional Italian cuisine for lunch, available between 12-4 PM (available at an additional cost)
- Dinner is available upon special request
- All food is prepared fresh daily with ingredients from the on-site garden
- A/C Central & Bedrooms (except tower)
- Beach Towels
- CD player and DVD player
- Ceiling Fans
- Electricity up to 330kwh
- Electronic Gate
- Fax Machine
- Ice maker
- Pizza Oven
- Satellite Sky TV featuring US and British stations
- Satellite TV in all bedrooms (except tower)
- Security TV Monitor
- Speedboat - Additional Cost
- Washer & Dryer
- Water, Hot & Cold
- Wine Cooler
- Wireless Internet connection throughout the villa and by the pool
- Access to the beach is via 200 steps.
- Swimming Pool - beautiful free form pool
- Baggage carrier: will transport luggage upon arrival and departure
- Two housekeepers: one for 8 hours per day, one for 4 hours per day
- Butler: daily from 7:30 am - 4 pm, if dinner is served the butler will be on site in the evening hours
- Concierge: English speaking
- Full time chef will be at your disposal to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner during your stay. The chef will propose various menu options and will also accommodate special requests. Food is included with the chef
- Positano: 5Km/3 miles
- Capri: 30 mins by boat
- Amalfi: 10Km/6 miles
- Ravello: 15Km/9 miles
- Sorrento: 40 mins by boat
- Airports: Naples 70Km/43 miles
- Rome: 290Km/180miles
- Rates are based on up to 12 guests in the villa. Additional fee applies for extra guests
- Welcome Cocktail
- Daily European Continental Breakfast consisting of croissants, cappuccino and juice
- No children under the age of 12 without a signed liability waiver by parents
- Names of all guests must be provided in advance
- Passports must be presented upon arrival in order to enter premises
- Guests are not permitted to cook or use the kitchen appliances whatsoever. Kitchen is reserved for staff only
- Guests must be able to traverse 80-85 stairs, as this is the only access to the villa
- Special rates apply for holiday weeks
- Weeks are rented from Saturday to Saturday
Amalfi Coast Villa Notes
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.00 to €5.00 per person per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
Villa Lilly villa rental rates
|Travel Dates||Bedrooms||Price / night|
|Now to Dec 31, 2013||7||Inquire||Check Availability|
Security Deposit: $10,000 Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
Inquire About Villa Lilly
Villa Lilly Reviews
No reviews yet.
Similar Villas in Amalfi Coast
Simona Villa Simona is a modern, amenity-filled villa that hugs the picturesque Amalfi Coast.
Felicita Villa Felicita is a wonderful 7 bedroom villa situated on the Amalfi Coast and overlooks the …
in Massa Lubrense
Dimora di Mare We invite you to experience the unique charm and romantic atmosphere of this ancient 8-bedroom …
Jasmine This spectacular 10,000 square foot property is truly one of a kind; a 4-story tower located in …
Villa del Rivo The villa lies in a very panoramic position opposite the island of Capri, with a view of the …
in Massa Lubrense