Villa Lilly Amalfi Coast
This world-renowned Praiano, luxury Italian villa boasts breathtaking ocean views from the 10,000 sq ft. main house, overlooking Positano to Capri.
From Villa Lilly’s numerous terraces and gardens, you may take in the enchanting Amalfi Coast and its extensive landscape.
It is not purely chance that celebrities such as Julia Roberts, Michael Keaton, Barbra Streisand, Ben Stiller with his wife Christine Taylor and Dr. Benjamin Carson have stayed at Villa Lilly and that it has featured in numerous international luxury magazines such as Point Devue, The New York Times Magazine, Amica, and AD. Accessible by descending approximately 80 steps from the main street of Praiano, on reaching the villa you get the impression that you have arrived in a small exclusive paradise. The villa enjoys absolutely breathtaking views, with Positano on one side that appears like a jewel set in the cliffs overlooking the sea, along with total privacy and a silence which is only very occasionally broken by a distant horn from a passing ship.
The property consists of a main villa, an ancient cliff top tower comprising of a bedroom and bathroom, and a guest house, built on the rocks which border the sea, with the entrance facing the pool. The particularly scenic effect from the bathroom window of the guest house, which seems as though you are at sea rather than on land, has been immortalized in the pages of Architectural Digest.The tower and the guest house enjoy the same panorama as that of the main villa. In addition to the main house, the medieval tower and the guest house, there is a one bedroom, one bathroom beach house ideal for nannies.
This house leads directly to the Tyrrhenian’s crystal waters and a mooring place for boats. Of the various terraces from which one can admire the view of the Tyrrhenian sea, the largest is that of the main villa divided into two areas one of which is accessed directly from the living room and is furnished for dining under the stars, the other area is situated in front of the ground floor bedroom and furnished with comfortable sofas and armchairs. Further to the elegance and comfort with which Villa Lilly has been furnished, the size of the rooms and some of the bathrooms is noteworthy. Two of the bedrooms in particular are bigger than the others and have large bathrooms and a sea view.
The staff live in a separate house independent from the villa ensuring complete privacy for guests. For an additional charge a 40-foot speedboat is available for daytrips to explore neighboring Capri or Sorrento. Positano is a mere four minute boat ride away. The luxurious Villa Lilly will take a place in your heart also for it's excellent Mediterranean cooking, particularly it's Italian dishes with a variety of typical recipes from the Amalfi Coast based on fish and vegetables with the flavors of old.When you don't want to climb the 80 steps it is possible to use the private small boat accessible from the mooring place at the foot of the villa, visit the coastline with the boat and car, then return to the villa by car descending the steps without ever having to climb them.
Breakfast and Lunch: Enjoy a European continental breakfast consisting of croissants, cappuccino, and juices. Breakfast is available between 8 AM -12 PM. The chef will also prepare traditional Italian cuisine for lunch, available between 12-4 PM (available at an additional cost). Dinner is available upon special request. All food is prepared fresh daily with ingredients from the on-site garden.
New for 2011: The Villa has recently undergone over $500,000+ in renovations including renovations to the pool, a new master bedroom suite and new master bath.
Main Villa - sleeps 8
Ground Floor: Entrance hall, spacious dining-living room with fireplace and French doors leading out to the terrace, few steps up to kitchen, pantry room, 1 wc room, 2 double bedrooms with French doors leading out to the terrace furnished with armchairs, 1 bathroom with bathtub.
First Floor: Corridor, few steps down to master bedroom with fireplace and en suite bathroom with hydro massage bath with breathtaking view of the sea, large living room with large windows with sea view, small vintage bathroom with bathtub, suite bedroom with en suite large bathroom with hydro massage bathtub and toilet room.
Guest House - sleeps 2
Lower Level(pool level): Kitchen, 1 double bedroom with sea view, 1 bathroom with hydro massage bathtub with breathtaking view of the sea.
Tower - sleeps 2:
A quaint one bedroom, one bathroom medieval tower serves as a guest house and rests atop Villa Lilly's outdoor swimming pool, expansive terraces, and indigenous gardens. External staircase leading to the first floor. 1 bedroom with French bed, fireplace and a spiral staircase leading down to a small bathroom with shower. Direct exit to the ground floor.
By the Sea: In addition to the main house and medieval tower, the property's one bedroom, one bathroom beach house (suitable for a nanny) with breakfast kitchen, 1 double comfortable sofa bed and 1 bathroom with shower. This house leads directly to the Tyrrhenian's crystal waters and a boarding dock for boats.
- Welcome Cocktail
- Daily European Continental Breakfast consisting of croissants, capuccino and juice
- Daily Maid Service
- Wireless Internet connection throughout the villa and by the pool
- Satelitte Sky TV featuring US and British stations
- Stereo, CD player and DVD player
- Linen Change
- Four Staff Members (1Full-Time Butler 7am-4pm) 2 Maids, English Speaking Concierge
- Spa - Jacuzzi (treatments available at an additional charge)
- Swimming Pool
- Electric Bill/Air Conditioning
- A La Carte services available; please see price list below.
- A/C Central & Bedrooms (except tower)
- Beach Towels
- Satellite TV in all bedrooms (except tower)
- CD Player
- Ceiling Fans
- DVD Player
- Electronic Gate
- Fax Machine
- Gated Entry
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Ice maker
- Washer & Dryer
- Outdoor Shower
- Pool Cabana
- Security TV Monitor
- Speedboat - Additional Cost
- Wet bar & Fridge
- Wine Cooler
- Pizza Oven
- Daily maid service
- Electricity up to 330kwh
- Water & hot water
- Weekly change of linens and towels
- Final cleaning on Saturday
- Laundry Service
- Wireless Internet connection
- Access to the beach is via 200 steps.
- Swimming Pool - beautiful free form pool
- Baggage carriers will now be complimentary to all guests.
- 4 staff people: Full time Butler (from 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Two maids (one 8h/day, one 5h/day)
- English-speaking concierge
- Housekeepers can provide laundry service
- Lunch prepared by the villa's executive chef is 75 Euro per person, minimum of 500 Euro. Local wine included.
- Dinner prepared by the villa's executive chef is 100 Euro per person, minimum of 600 Euro. Local wine included, special wine is available at an additional cost.
- Staff on Premises - Available 24/7
- Positano: 5Km/3 miles
- Capri: 30 mins by boat
- Amalfi: 10Km/6 miles
- Ravello: 15Km/9 miles
- Sorrento: 40 mins by boat
- Airports: Naples 70Km/43 miles
- Rome: 290Km/180miles
- Rates are based on up to 12 guests in the villa. Additional fee applies for extra guests.
- No children under the age of 12 without a signed liability waiver by parents
- Names of all guests must be provided in advance, no exceptions Passport must be presented upon arrival in order to enter premises.
- Guests are not permitted to cook or use the kitchen appliances whatsoever. Kitchen is reserved for staff only.
- Guests must be able to traverse 80-85 stairs, as this is the only access to the villa.
- A $10,000 prepaid security/damage deposit is pre-collected with final payment. It is refundable less any major damages or unpaid incidentals.
Amalfi Coast Villa Notes
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 per person per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
Villa Lilly villa rental rates
|Travel Dates||Bedrooms||Price / night|
|Now to Dec 31, 2013||7||Inquire||Check Availability|
Special rates apply for holiday weeks. Weeks are rented from Saturday to Saturday. Security Deposit: $10,000 Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
Inquire About Villa Lilly
Villa Lilly Reviews
No reviews yet.
Similar Villas in Amalfi Coast
La Contessa Azzurra La Contessa Azzurra lies just a few kilometers from Sorrento and is a particularly high quality …
rates on request
Magnolia A peaceful and a calming property offering true relaxation; this is Villa Magnolia.
Simona special Villa Simona is a modern, amenity-filled villa that hugs the picturesque Amalfi Coast.
Villa Felicita Villa Felicita is a wonderful 7 bedroom villa situated on the Amalfi Coast and overlooks the …