Greatview is one of the most glamorous private homes overlooking the Half Moon golf course and vast ocean vista.
Three world-class golf courses (Cinnamon Hill, Half Moon and White Witch) are within a five-minute drive.
The view is breathtaking ~ the deep blue sea to the north and magnificent mountains to the south. Here is the marriage of exquisite taste, beauty and comfort ~ floors of French limestone, Travertine marble and exotic pressed bamboo; walls of Barbadian coral stone and Venetian glaze. The details are immaculate and artistic. Furnishings are an exquisite combination of Asian antique and tropical colonial. Grounds are lush in orange and lime trees, avocado, papaya, mango, breadfruit, Poinciana, flame trees and delicate orchids.
Six well-appointed bedrooms are complemented by inside and outside dining areas, a snug television den and an air-conditioned gym complete with TV and fitness videos. A supplemental generator ensures that Greatview is never without electricity and air conditioning.
Greatview is among the best-managed and best-staffed villas in our group. A staff of 10 ensure the highest levels of service 24 hours a day. Our expert chef presents exquisite meals from the state-of-the-art kitchen with six-burner commercial gas stove and grill, two ovens, bread maker, rotisserie, microwave, wine cooler, icemaker and cappuccino/espresso machine. Chef Colin delights guests with his specialties of homemade pate, jerk chicken, lobster Newberg, grilled salmon in avocado sauce, pecan-crusted snapper, grilled shrimp and tenderloin, grasshopper pie and more. Table service is Wedgwood and Lenox china and sterling silver. Meals are served formally under the crystal chandelier or more casually on the al fresco 700-square-foot verandah overlooking the pool and magnificent ocean view.
Click Here to see Sample Menu Options.
Staffing at Greatview is extraordinary including two butlers who provide 24-hour concierge service, room service and breakfast in bed.
The large infinity-edge pool flows as a waterfall into the hot tub on the lower lawn. The poolside bar has a television, blender, smoothie-maker, and fridge stocked with drinks.
While numerous balconies and overlooks are part of Greatview’s contemporary architecture, the villa is child friendly. It offers complimentary cribs with mobiles, high chairs, playpen, baby toys and games, water toys, floats, water basketball and three tricycles. The shallow end of the pool can be roped off to define where deeper water begins. Greatview includes two connecting suites for families. Also notable is Greatview’s accommodation of guests who use wheelchairs or are physically challenged.
Greatview comes with three loved pets. Cara, a gentle 7-year-old Lab, Lucy, an English Cocker Spaniel and Spot, a plump and affectionate outside cat, live here. Neither bothers guests but both will come in to cuddle and play if invited.
Plantation Room - Main Floor 750 sq ft
Four-poster kingsize bed, sitting area, entertainment unit with 20" television, mini-fridge, antique French desk with Internet access for laptops. Glamorous bathroom with double vanity, whirlpool bath, walk-in steam shower, bidet. Bathroom opens to cut stone open-air Swedish drench shower and massage area. Bedroom opens to porch, sea view and garden. Connecting passage to Orchid Room.
Orchid Room - Main Floor 522 sq ft
Two queensize beds, 19th Century burled walnut armoire and English faux-bamboo antique desk. Glamorous bathroom with double vanity, whirlpool bath, bidet, seat in large shower for guests with disabilities. Bathroom opens to cut stone open-air Swedish drench shower and massage area. Bedroom opens to porch, sea view and garden. Connecting passage to Master Bedroom (Plantation Room).
Burmese Room - Mid-Level 400 sq ft
Four-poster queensize bed. Burmese and Chinese furnishings, antique red lacquered desk and Chinese wedding chair, Asian art. Wrap-around balcony with views of Caribbean Sea, rain forest and meadow. En-suite bathroom has tub-shower combination (deep soaking tub) and opens to east balcony.
Frog Room - Top Level up 9 steps 280 sq ft
Kingsize bed and balcony. Whimsical frog theme. En-suite bathroom with deep soaking tub/shower combination. Opens to balcony with lovely Caribbean Sea view.
Palm Room - Top Level up 9 steps 280 sq ft
Kingsize bed and balcony next to Frog Room. En-suite bathroom with deep soaking tub/shower combination. Opens to balcony with lovely Caribbean Sea view.
The Cottage - 500 sq ft
Hideaway for two in cute downhill cottage. Fully-equipped kitchenette, cozy living room, 27" TV, DVD. air conditioning and intercom to main house. Optional kingsize or twins beds. En-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi and shower. Gorgeous sea view from private balcony furnished with rocking chairs, chaises and al fresco dining area for eye-opener coffee, breakfasts or afternoon cocktails. Served by same staff as other five bedrooms in main house, including room service.
Complimentary Half Moon Golf, Tennis & Beach Club Membership
Golf Membership Benefits
- unlimited free greens fees
- unlimited use of practice facilities and range balls
- 25% discount on optional cart rental
- 25% discount on goods at Half Moon golf pro shop
- 25% discount on instructional services at Half Moon Golf Academy
- 25% discount at 19th Hole Bar
Resort Membership Benefits
- Sunrise Beach
- Hibiscus Pool and Oleander Pool
- Jacuzzi, tennis courts, fitness center
- Croquet and miniature putting green
- Greatview is on three levels. Bedrooms are exquisitely appointed and adjoin en-suite Travertine marble bathrooms. Smoking is not permitted in the bedrooms, but several open-air areas are available. All bedrooms feature en-suite marble bathrooms with self-closing Italian Toto toilets, antiques, closet safes, remote control air conditioners, cable television and well-planned louvers for wonderful cross-breezes.
- Hair Dryers
- Shampoo, conditioner and glycerin soaps
- 14,000-square-foot 6-bedroom+ Premier staffed villa overlooking a breathtaking ocean panorama
- 24-hour concierge service: 2 butlers, chef, housekeepers, gardeners and laundress
- 7th very private bedroom available on request; ask us for rates and availability
- Air-conditioned den with 30" plasma television, DVD, VCR
- Air-conditioned gym: recumbent bicycle, treadmill, stair master, free weights, exercise balls, mats, TV
- Cable television and quiet air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Child friendly: complimentary 2 cribs, pack & play, 2 high chairs, booster seats, stroller, baby toys, water toys, beach toys, pool basketball, 2 bicycles, motorized kids car, Thomas Train set with its own table
- Complimentary nanny for up to 2 children under 3 years of age for 3 hours per day OR
- Complimentary Kids Club at Little View for up to 4 children ages 3 to 12 for 3 hours per day
- Greatview Kids Club is centered around Little View which is a one bedroom tree house/play house fully stocked with craft materials, games, puzzles and playhouse items. A rope climbing maze provides a secret back entrance to the tree house. Under the tree house is a sand box, craft tables and play tents which dot the surrounding garden. Depending on the children’s ages and interests, local crafts people will be brought in for jewelry making, kite making, clay modeling, coconut hat weaving and other fun Jamaican crafts.
- Complimentary snorkels, fins, masks, picnic baskets, beach towels and water shoes
- Dell laptop, dedicated line for complimentary ADSL Internet access, wireless network for laptop users
- DVD’s and Game Stations in each room, 300 games that can be played with hand controls on the TV’s in each bedroom
- Fire pit for authentic Jamaican dinners under the stars (followed by marshmallow roast for children)
- Handicap accessible: toilet boosters, ramps to all main floor rooms and pool
- Large selection of books, music CD’s and current DVD movies for parents and children
- Nintendo Wii U and free Apple TV
- Nortel Meridian phone system with intercom to all rooms, kitchen and staff
- Outdoor games room with ping pong table, pool table, foosball table, basketball net, 60 game arcade table, flat screen TV and comfy seating
- Outdoor gas grill for chicken, pork, prime rib, fresh fish, lobster, tenderloin
- Spa and steam room, rainfall shower and stone massage ~ spa technician on call 9 AM till 9 PM.
- Two Aerobeds that will accommodate children up to age 10 so they can sleep in their parents' room
- 20 ’x 40’ heated pool with waterfall feed to hot tub below (pool maintains 85-degree temperature all winter)
Staff and Services
- House Manager
- Airport: 15 minutes
- Beach: 5 minutes
- Town: 15 minutes
- Check-In: 1:00pm
- Check-Out: 11:00am
Jamaica Villa Notes
- Most Jamaican rental villas come with a full staff, consisting of cook, maid, and laundress. A private cook will prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- meals that you choose based on your own personal tastes.
- A prepaid refundable security/damage deposit is required by most Jamaican Villas usually $500 - $1000 per stay. Please inquire with your Villa Specialist for exact amounts at time of booking.
Additional Villa Notes
- A typical grocery budget is $55-$65 per adult per day and $25 per day for children. This may vary up or down depending on market prices and menus.
|Now to Dec 14, 2015||3||
$ 1,371 € 1325 $ 1951 $ 1876 1445 £ 933
|Now to Dec 14, 2015||4||
$ 1,514 € 1463 $ 2154 $ 2072 1596 £ 1031
|Now to Dec 14, 2015||5||
$ 1,657 € 1601 $ 2358 $ 2267 1747 £ 1128
|Now to Dec 14, 2015||6||
$ 2,029 € 1961 $ 2887 $ 2777 2139 £ 1381
|Dec 15, 2015 to Dec 18, 2015||4||
$ 1,829 € 1768 $ 2602 $ 2503 1928 £ 1245
|Dec 15, 2015 to Dec 18, 2015||5||
$ 2,057 € 1988 $ 2927 $ 2815 2168 £ 1400
|Dec 15, 2015 to Dec 18, 2015||6||
$ 2,343 € 2264 $ 3334 $ 3206 2470 £ 1595
|Dec 19, 2015 to Dec 26, 2015
$ 3,571 € 3451 $ 5081 $ 4887 3765 £ 2431
|Dec 26, 2015 to Jan 2, 2016
$ 3,857 € 3728 $ 5488 $ 5278 4066 £ 2625
5% service charge applies for holiday weeks.
Security Deposit: $1,000
Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
There are currently no reviews.
There are currently no specials available for Greatview.
Out of Many, One People
Jamaica is a great destination for everyone and every occasion. While many venture to Jamaica to tan and relax on the breathtaking beaches, there is also a plethora of activities to keep travelers busy.
Avid snorkelers and scuba divers will enjoy the beautiful coral reefs and exotic marine life. Coffee lovers will take pleasure in the delicious home-grown coffee from the famous Jamaican Blue Mountains, which are also ideal for hiking and horseback riding. Sightseers will want to climb the world-famous 600-foot-high Dunn's River Falls, and bird-lovers will enjoy the Rocklands Feeding Station, home to Jamaica’s 27 native species. Those who want to see beautiful sunsets should partake in the Jamaican tradition and head over to the famous Rick’s Cafe in Negril, where visitors will not only see magnificent sunset views, but also watch brave cliff-jumpers dive into the crystal-clear water.
A villa vacation in Jamaica is also unique in that many of our villas come with a full staff (chef, butler, housekeeper and laundress) included. The friendly staff will treat you with their “No problem, mon” service, where everything you desire is at your beck and call.
Learn more about Jamaica »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.