This authentic 15th-17th century Provencal noble house and farmhouse sit in the midst of a natural setting in the Luberon hills.
The home was remodeled in a contemporary style to create a spacious ambiance and at the same time respect its historic and handsome original architecture. Outside, whether in the gardens or interior courtyards, you’re welcomed with gracious splashes of sunlight or quiet corners of shade, depending on the time of the day.
An attentive staff of three knows how to offer you an unforgettable stay; you’re left free to enjoy the tranquility of the environment and the beauty of the surrounding region with the opportunity to indulge in the tastes of French cuisine carefully prepared by them.
The house is comprised of 2 homes that are nestled on 7 hectares of landscaped garden. The main house has an entrance hall, dining room, kitchen, living room and office. It offers 3 bedrooms and 3 bath rooms. Across the enclosed courtyard is the farmhouse with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, an office (with a queen size bed and a bathroom; perfect for accompanying staff), and a family room with fitness equipment.
Large, north facing entrance hall with sofa, coffee table and coffee table books, dining room, kitchen with blender, microwaves, toaster, coffee maker, food processor, juicer, 3 dishwashers, double oven La Cornue cooker, and fridge.
Another living area with fireplace, iPod docking station, CD player, an office with fireplace and computer, and a first bedroom with en-suite bathroom and dressing room.
There is a library with fireplace, and two other large bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and dressing rooms.
Family room with gym/fitness equipment, office with computer and fax machine (that could be used as an additional bedding for staff) , fully equipped summer kitchen, guest bathroom and a large bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
There are two bedrooms (one is available only on request) with their en-suite bathrooms.
Guests will be delighted to discover the property's garden with its 7 outdoor sitting areas, some fountains and 3 outdoor tables. In addition, the enclosed courtyard linked the two houses has been arranged with outdoor furniture and a dining table. The fully equipped summer kitchen and the different spots arranged with dining tables are perfect for "al fresco" dinners. The heated swimming pool is ideal to relax.
Please note that the houses have high speed wireless Internet and that 2 computers are available as well as a cot and high chair. Both the main house and farmhouse are heated by fireplaces and central heating.
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (180 cm), TV, Bose system, terrace, dressing room, and en-suite bathroom with tub, shower, basin and WC
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (180 cm), TV, dressing room, ensuite bathroom with tub, shower, basin and WC
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (180 cm) with ensuite bathroom (shower, basin, WC) and dressing room
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (180 cm), TV, and en-suite bathroom (shower, basin, and WC)
- Additional bedding available for staff: Queen size bed (160 cm) and bathroom with shower available in the farmhouse office
- Bedroom 5: King size bed (180 cm), satellite TV, fireplace and en-suite bathroom (shower, basin, and WC)
- Bedroom 6 - On request: King Size Bed (180 cm), TV, en-suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC
- Coffee maker
- Food processor
- La Cornue/Lacanche cooker
- High speed wireless Internet
- 2 Computers
- Heated pool (18m length and 1-2m depth)
Staff and Services
- 3 staff members work 7 days a week, 7 hours/day
- Pre-arrival shopping (list to be given 7 days prior to the arrival)
- Cooking and service (lunch and dinner) is included
- Self-catering breakfast set up in the summer kitchen in season
- Daily cleaning of bedrooms
- Bed linen changed every 3-4 days
- This property is located in the heart of Luberon Valley
- 8km from the village of Bonnieux
- 45 minutes from the Avignon TGV station
- 1 hour from Marseille Airport
- House is heated by fireplaces and central heating
Provence Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
Additional Villa Notes
- Check-in time is between 4pm and 6pm
- Arrivals between 6:00pm and 7:00pm will be charged a late arrival fee of €30
- Arrivals between 7:00pm and 8:00pm will be charged a late arrival fee of €60
- Arrivals are not accepted after 8:00 pm
|Now to Sep 27, 2014||6||
$ 4,229 € 3071 $ 4470 $ 4541 3817 £ 2482
|Sep 27, 2014 to Apr 25, 2015||6||
$ 3,521 € 2557 $ 3722 $ 3781 3178 £ 2067
Minimum 1 week stay required.
Please be advised a security deposit will be collected at time of booking and returned after travel.
Security Deposit: € 5,000.
Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
The exact location of La Bastide des Chenes is not available on this map. The pin on the map below shows the approximate location of Bonnieux, Provence:
La Bastide des Chenes Reviews
There are currently no reviews.
There are currently no specials available for La Bastide des Chenes.
Provence, located in the south of France, is one of France’s most beautiful provinces. It’s perhaps most famous for its striking, fragrant lavender fields which bloom in early summer. But you don’t have to time your visit to the lavender; the region offers plenty more to see and do.
The delightful city of Aix-en-Provence is a highlight in the region with its Cours Mirabeau, a miniature Champs-Elysees, which is alive with restaurants and shops. On the coast of Provence you’ll find the fishing village of Cassis, where you can take a boat tour of the harbor. And further west you’ll find Marseille, France’s oldest city and an important trading port throughout history.
Other notable destinations include the Roman city of Arles, the city of Avignon with its famous medieval bridge, the Pont d’Avignon, and Les Baux de Provence, a fortified hilltop village. And throughout your Provence villa vacation, you can enjoy regional produce like olives and truffles, as well as famous Provençal dishes such as bouillabaisse and boeuf en daube, which, like Provence, are meant to be savored.
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.