A noble house belonging to one of the oldest aristocratic families of Sicily since 1200, Villa Altera was recently brought back to its ancient splendors by its owners.
Rates available upon request.
Altera Vacation Rental
The property consists of a main patronal villa and two annexes, surrounded by a wonderful four-hectare park awarded as one of the best contemporary ornamental gardens in Italy. Few places in Sicily match the charm and allure of Villa Altera. This luxury getaway offers complete privacy, sophisticated lifestyle catered by its staff, traditional décor and modern amenities. It is located just 15 minutes by car from the beaches of Brucoli, half an hour from Siracusa and approx. one hour from Taormina. The estate produces its own prestigious wine, extra virgin olive oil and other products grown by traditional organic farming methods.
Discover the rich Sicilian culture while enjoying this luxury and full of attendance country villa where vacation living is at its finest. Once you stay at Villa Altera you really understand the uniqueness of this property and this special part of the island.
Feel yourself drifted into the old aristocratic Sicilian life. The family coat of arms, sculpted in white marble, is positioned in a corner of the entrance to greet the guests entering the villa. Beautifully maintained dramatic and spacious interiors include formal dining and very generous living rooms. There is a separate comfortable TV room.
The elegant décor of all rooms is attained by using heirloom antique furniture combined with cheerful fabrics and high-end upholstery, achieving a very well balanced timeless style. The original tiled floors and the vaulted ceilings were left intact to preserve the historic home’s original architectural details. The villa is equipped for large groups and its chef offers a delightful typical Sicilian cuisine.
The gates of the villa open to a fantastic exotic park. The outdoor space is completely manicured offering plenty of areas for dining, lounging and sunbathing. Relax and entertain around the private pool that sits in a secluded oasis, or to be active, enjoy the tennis court and the several walking trails amidst citrus trees and olive orchards.
- Bedroom 1 (Main Villa - First Floor): Queen bedroom with four-poster bed, portable A/C unit and ceiling fan, views of the volcano Etna, fireplace and en-suite bathroom with double sink, tub and separate shower
- Bedroom 2 (Main Villa - First Floor): Queen bedroom, with A/C, views of the volcano Etna, fireplace and en-suite bathroom with double sink, tub and wall mounted shower
- Bedroom 3 (Main Villa - First Floor): Queen bedroom with A/C, garden views, and en-suite bathroom with shower, separate wardrobe room
- Bedrooms 4 & 5 (Main Villa - First Floor): 2 Queen bedrooms with A/C, garden views, and each with en-suite bathroom with tub and wall mounted shower, separate wardrobe room
- Bedroom 6 (Annex): Queen/twin bedroom with A/C, garden views, and en-suite bathroom with tub and wall mounted shower
- Bedroom 7 (Annex): Queen/twin bedroom with A/C, garden views, and en-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
- Bedroom 8 (Annex): Queen/twin bedroom with A/C, garden views, and en-suite bathroom with shower
- A/C in all bedrooms
- Private parking up to 4 cars
- Private tennis court
- Satellite flat screen TV with DVD player
- Stereo system with CD player
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Private pool (18 m x 8 m)
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Morning housekeeping service 5 days per week
- Personal laundry and ironing service
- House Staff for 8 hours per day (one day off per wk): Manager, butler, four housekeepers, cook, (food and
- beverages extra)
- Garden and pool maintenance service
- Electricity, water, A/C, and heating are included
- Crib and high chair available upon request
- Sorry, no pets
- Check-in 4 pm-7 pm, Check-out by 10 am
- All extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Sicily Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.
There are currently no reviews.
Personalize Your Getaway with up to $2,000 in Destination Dollars »
At Villas of Distinction, we’re committed to transforming already exceptional escapes into something even more extraordinary. That’s why we’re giving you up to $2,000 in Destination Dollars to create the most memorable vacation ever. Add a chef to your villa experience, or enjoy airport fast-track services. The choices are endless – and all yours.
Once your dream villa vacation is booked, your complimentary personal concierge will coordinate and schedule any element of your villa vacation – taking the guesswork out of your getaway like never before.
Here’s how you can earn your Destination Dollars:
Destination Dollars Rewards
$5,000 - $15,000
$15,000 - $25,000
$$25,001 - $35,000
$35,001 - $50,000
$50,001 - $75,000
$75,001 - $100,000
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Destination Dollars is valid for new bookings made between 1/14/19 and 1/25/19 for travel from 1/21/19-12/31/19. Offer valid only for villa guests. Destination Dollars of up to $2,000. Valid for select pre-paid services only. Service offered is subject to availability. The tiers are based on the base villa cost only. Security deposits, concierge services, TA added booking fees and tax and services are not included in calculating the credit tiers. Credit may only be applied to services where we earn 10% commission or greater, or the service must be marked up by 10% if it is a non-commissionable service. No cash value. The value of any unused credit is non-refundable. Credit cannot be applied towards booking value. May not be combinable with other offers. All offers are subject to availability and may not apply to all villas or travel dates. Other restrictions may apply; please call for full details.
Sicily Travel Guide
Diverse & Divine
The largest island in the Mediterranean is also one of the most culturally and geographically diverse regions of Italy. Sicily’s eclectic history – including Greek, Arab, Norman, Spanish, and English influences – is represented in its unique cuisine and fascinating variety of architecture.
Wander the narrow medieval streets of Palermo, where you’ll get a flavor for local Sicilian life and have a chance to taste babbaluci (marinated baby snails sold in paper cornets, perfect for eating on the run) and Sicily’s famous slushy ice dessert, granita, from street vendors. Be sure to walk up and down the enormous lava dunes of Mount Etna, Europe’s highest active volcano at approximately 3350 meters, and meander over its moonlike surface. The beaches in Sicily are another can't-miss attraction; composed of both white and black sand and fringed with orange and lemon orchards, they're an entirely unique beach experience.
Learn more about Sicily »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.