L' Esperance Vacation Rental
You're the king of the hill, with all of Charlotte Amalie, cruise ships, seaplanes, and St. Thomas's harbor spread at your feet from the floor-to-ceiling windows in the Great Room of this stunning villa.
Originally the home of a 50s movie actress, this magnificent property high atop exclusive Flag Hill has been beautifully renovated. The kitchen is state of the art, and the expansive family room opens to a spacious stonework patio (home of the famous flag of Flag Hill) with breathtaking Caribbean views. Three private and imaginatively-decorated bedroom/bath suites are on the main level, including a king master suite with its own secluded sitting room. The main floor also contains a media room/home theater with a large-screen TV and an extensive movie collection. The media room, with its sofabed and full bath adjoining, may be used as an extra bedroom. Two additional bedroom/bath suites on L'Esperance's lower level overlook the pool area. Each bedroom enjoys direct access to an exterior deck or patio and its own bath.
Although L'Esperance is ideally situated to capture refreshing tradewinds, the entire villa is air-conditioned with separately-controlled units for each room. On the pool deck you'll find not only incredible views, but also a fully-equipped and shaded pool house with refrigerator and full bath. An extensive nature trail beckons you to explore the hundreds of diverse tropical plantings on this wonderful estate. A separate building houses your own work-out room with commercial-quality equipment. At dusk, when the sun sinks into the sea and the lights come up in Charlotte Amalie, you're in a front-row seat to enjoy the romantic vision of her twinkling lights from your dining table - it's a view you'll never forget, and which you'll never want to leave. A small cottage on the far side of the property is occupied by L'Esperance's two caretakers and their well-mannered dog, but your privacy at this electronically gated, exclusive 5-acre retreat is always assured. Five stars!
- Main Level: 2 kings, 2 twins (OR 3 kings, your choice with advance notice), and queen sofabed* in media room.
- Lower Level: 1 king and 2 twins (OR 2 kings, your choice).
- Seven bathrooms and an outdoor shower at pool
- Media room with Bose home theater system/DVD player, zoned Bose stereo system
- Cable TV with DVD player or Playstation 2 in every bedroom
- VCR in 2 bedrooms
- Cable TV in exercise building
- Movie + music collections, books, & games
- A/C in all rooms
- Wi-Fi throughout the main level for your laptop
- Answering machine
- Printer/scanner/copier/fax machine
- Hair dryers
- 2 Safes for valuables
- Gourmet kitchen with gas grill on adjacent deck
- Wet bar
- UV water filtration system
- Electronic gate at entry
- Automatic generator
- Trash collection at entry twice per week
- 2 Washers + 2 dryers
- Separate exercise building with A/C, cable TV, Vectra Online 3800 equipment, a Precor 815 Upright exercise bicycle, elliptical trainer, stair climber
- Pool House has refrigerator and boombox stereo + pool games
- Nearest Beach: Morningstar Beach and Bluebeard's (Limetree) Beach
- Approx. 14' x 54' x 5' deep, with fountain. Pool house with refrigerator and full bath.
Staff and Services
- Housekeeping once per week
- Children welcome with notarized waiver for all children under 6 years
- No smoking
- 11th + 12th persons sleep on queen sofa bed in media room.
- We're sorry, but due to insurance restrictions, we do not allow weddings, parties or other group events or functions at L'Esperance at this time.
Additional Villa Notes
- A 7-night minimum at full Thanksgiving rate required on all rentals which occur during any portion of the Thanksgiving holiday week.
- Rates are based on the highest occupany level during the stay.
|Now to Dec 15, 2017||3||
$ 1,150 € 1053 $ 1581 $ 1583 1147 £ 918
|Now to Dec 15, 2017||4||
$ 1,286 € 1177 $ 1768 $ 1770 1283 £ 1027
|Now to Dec 15, 2017||5||
$ 1,418 € 1298 $ 1949 $ 1952 1414 £ 1132
|Now to Dec 15, 2017||5||
$ 1,500 € 1373 $ 2062 $ 2065 1496 £ 1198
|Dec 16, 2017 to Jan 5, 2018
Christmas/New Year's - Entire villa + Media Room Sofa bed - Up to 12
$ 2,350 € 2151 $ 3230 $ 3234 2344 £ 1876
Rates for St. Thomas villas are subject to 12.5% tax.
Security Deposit: $1,000
Minimum Stay: 7-nights except for Christmas/New Year's, which is 10 nights.
Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
The exact location of L' Esperance is not available on this map. The pin on the map below shows the approximate location of Flag Hill, St. Thomas:
L' Esperance Reviews
Book for the Holidays: Get Up to $3,000 to Spend »
It’s never too early to book your holiday getaway, especially with top villas filling fast – plus this special offer. Enjoy your choice of added services, amenities, and more on us when you book your villa for Christmas or New Year’s.
Complete the perfect holiday vacation by using your spending credit toward a private chef to prepare delicious meals while you celebrate with the family, or a local excursion that will make your holiday truly unforgettable. When you call to book, your personal Villa Concierge will help you and arrange extras using your spending credit.
This offer ends June 30, 2017 – book now for the best selection of villas and dates!
Offer valid for new bookings made between 5/1/17 – 6/30/17 for travel from 12/16/17 - 1/1/18. Includes Concierge Credit of up to $3,000. Valid for pre-paid services only. Mention promo code HOLIDAY300017 at the time of booking. Services offered are subject to availability. No cash value. The value of any unused credit is non-refundable. Credit cannot be applied towards booking value. Not combinable with other offers. All offers are subject to availability and may not apply to all villas or travel dates. Other restrictions may apply; please call for full details.
St. Thomas Travel Guide
Beautiful & Bustling
St. Thomas is the most populated of the US Virgin Islands and offers the widest variety of attractions. The vibrant capital of the USVI, Charlotte Amalie, offers excellent duty-free shopping. If you're a sun lover, you can't miss Magens Bay, consistently voted one of the best beaches in the world. The Mahogany Run Golf Course will impress even the most discerning golfers, and boating enthusiasts will enjoy sailing, yachting, or power-boating around the island.
St. Thomas has all the ingredients of a relaxing, sun-splashed getaway, and staying in a luxury villa rental is the perfect way to experience it all.
Learn more about St. Thomas »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.