Privacy and silence are the distinct features of Villa Banxiana, a restored stone farmhouse built 8 centuries ago, surrounded by delightful gardens in a picturesque valley.
Banxiana Vacation Rental
This spacious villa offers extensive views of the Umbrian countryside. There are numerous important art sites nearby, such as Montepulciano, Bagno Vignoni, Orvieto, Lago di Bolsena, Todi, Perugia, Chiusi, San Quirico d’Orcia, and San Casciano dei Bagni. The blessed location of Villa Banxiana, on the border between Tuscany and Umbria, makes it a great starting point to explore both regions.
The décor of the house is unique with art and crafts from all over the world offering an informal and relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere. The farmhouse grows its own organic vegetables and produces organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Several comfortable sitting areas and a magnificent eat-in kitchen/dining room with an open fireplace and a large dining table
- Cozy winter garden completely furnished for lounging with seating for six and wood-burning stove
- Sitting/TV room with fireplace, game table and extensive library in English opens onto outdoor patio/dining area
The garden, overlooking a fabulous 360-degree panorama, is furnished with tables and chairs, featuring a large covered patio for dining “al fresco” or “a lume di candela”, or just relaxing under the trees. The pool is easily reachable both through a short staircase, by car within the garden, or by car through a small road within the property. The pool (7 x 18 meters) was converted from an old water basin and is circled by a low wall where there are comfortable sun mats and sun beds. In the annexed living room there is also a sauna and a bathroom with shower. From the pergola that opens in front of the lounge room, you can enjoy a wonderful view of the valley. Have a Martini by the pool at sunset or, during the Autumn months, a glass of Tintoretto (prosecco with granedine).
Rates Table Key:
Travel Dates Bedrooms
Minimum Stay Starting Price
|Now to May 24, 2019||7||7||
$ 1,564 € 1361 $ 2189 $ 2093 1588 £ 1204
|May 25, 2019 to Aug 23, 2019||7||7||
$ 1,824 € 1587 $ 2552 $ 2440 1851 £ 1404
|Aug 24, 2019 to Sep 20, 2019||7||7||
$ 1,564 € 1361 $ 2189 $ 2093 1588 £ 1204
|Sep 21, 2019 to Dec 20, 2019||7||7||
$ 1,303 € 1134 $ 1824 $ 1744 1323 £ 1003
|Dec 21, 2019 to Jan 3, 2020
Christmas/ New Year's
$ 1,824 € 1587 $ 2552 $ 2440 1851 £ 1404
Additional electricity over 300 kWt per week, to be paid at €0.55 per extra kWt
Heating in colder months and wood for fireplace €250 per week
Security Deposit: €2,200 Security deposit: €2,000 pre-collected + €200 to be paid locally in cash.
Minimum Stay: 1 Week - Saturday to Saturday rentals. Minimum night stay may vary by villa. Please contact a villa specialist to confirm.
Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): King bedroom with garden view and en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Master bedroom with 2 French beds and spacious en-suite bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): King bedroom suite with bathroom with shower and small reading/lounge room (can hold 1 single bed)
- Bedrooms 4 & 5 (Second Floor): 2 King bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom (1 with shower and 1 with tub)
- Bedroom 6 (Second Floor): King bedroom suite with bathroom with shower and small reading/lounge room (can hold 1 single bed)
- Bedroom 7 (Annex): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- A/C in bedrooms (ceiling fan only in the annex)
- Barbecue grill
- Bocce court
- CD player
- Cellar stocked with carefully selected wines in all price ranges
- Child seat
- Outdoor table tennis
- Outside laundry room with washer (to be used only by the staff)
- Pool towels
- Satellite TV
- Screened windows
- Wireless Internet access
- Work out machine
- Pool (7 x 18 meters) was converted from an old water basin and is circled by a low wall where there are comfortable sun mats and sun beds
- Pool is easily reachable both through a short staircase, by car within the garden, or by car through a small road within the property
Staff and Services
- Final Cleaning
- Morning housekeeping service: 3 hours per day (except Sunday)
- Complimentary welcome basket
- Gardener and pool maintenance service
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping service and/or extra table serving
- Cook service
- Cost of food and beverages
- Personal laundry and ironing service
- Babysitting service, subject to availability
- Lucca - 3 hours
- Siena - 2 hours
- Florence - 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Rome - 2 hours
- Electricity and A/C up to 300 kWh per week and water are included
- Heating including wood for fireplace is included
- Laundry (washing machine) & ironing facilities on the premises at guests’ disposal
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All of the extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Umbria Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.
There are currently no reviews.
Up To $2,000 in Destination Dollars on Select Italian Villas »
We’re committed to transforming already exceptional escapes into something even more extraordinary. That’s why we’re giving you up to $2,000 in Destination Dollars to create the most memorable Italian villa vacation ever. Add a private catamaran tour, or enjoy airport fast-track services. The choices are endless – and all yours.
Once your dream villa vacation is booked, your complimentary personal concierge will coordinate and schedule any element of your villa vacation – taking the guesswork out of your getaway like never before.
Here’s how you can earn your Destination Dollars:
Destination Dollars Rewards
$5,000 - $15,000
$15,000 - $25,000
$$25,001 - $35,000
$35,001 - $50,000
$50,001 - $75,000
$75,001 - $100,000
Destination Dollars is valid for new bookings made between 4/8/19 - 4/14/19 for travel from 4/14/19 - 12/31/19. Offer is valid for villa guests. Valid for select pre-paid services only. Service offered is subject to availability. The tiers are based on the base villa cost only. Security deposits, concierge services, TA added booking fees and tax and services are not included in calculating the credit tiers. Credit may only be applied to services where we earn 10% commission or greater, or the service must be marked up by 10% if it is a non-commissionable service. No cash value. The value of any unused credit is non-refundable. Credit cannot be applied towards booking value. May not be combinable with other offers. All offers are subject to availability and may not apply to all villas or travel dates. Other restrictions may apply; please call for full details.
Umbria Travel Guide
Lush & Luxurious
Located East of Tuscany and north of Rome, Umbria is a gem not yet discovered by mass tourism. Populated with lush chestnut groves and elm forests, castles and fortresses, this region’s fairytale scenery has served as inspiration to many well-known artists. Our villas in Umbria are located in small, enchanting towns dotted across the verdant landscape.
Stay in a villa in Perugia, a medieval hill-town where the Umbrian style of painting originated, which can be seen in the works of Raphael. Indulge in the delicious Baci chocolates for which Perugia is famous, and if you visit in the fall, be sure to attend the annual chocolate and jazz festivals.
If you choose to stay in Assisi, the birthplace of St. Francis, Italy’s patron saint and favorite mystic, you'll be surrounded by incredible art, architecture, and medieval ruins. Don't miss the basilica, built in honor of St. Francis and decorated by some of the greatest artists in the early Renaissance era.
Learn more about Umbria »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.