Privacy and silence are the distinct features of Villa Banxiana, a restored stone farmhouse built 8 centuries ago, surrounded by delightful gardens in a picturesque valley.
Rates available upon request.
Banxiana Vacation Rental
This spacious villa offers extensive views of the Umbrian countryside. There are numerous important art sites nearby, such as Montepulciano, Bagno Vignoni, Orvieto, Lago di Bolsena, Todi, Perugia, Chiusi, San Quirico d’Orcia, and San Casciano dei Bagni. The blessed location of Villa Banxiana, on the border between Tuscany and Umbria, makes it a great starting point to explore both regions.
The décor of the house is unique with art and crafts from all over the world offering an informal and relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere. The farmhouse grows its own organic vegetables and produces organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Several comfortable sitting areas and a magnificent eat-in kitchen/dining room with an open fireplace and a large dining table
- Cozy winter garden completely furnished for lounging with seating for six and wood-burning stove
- Sitting/TV room with fireplace, game table and extensive library in English opens onto outdoor patio/dining area
The garden, overlooking a fabulous 360-degree panorama, is furnished with tables and chairs, featuring a large covered patio for dining “al fresco” or “a lume di candela”, or just relaxing under the trees. The pool is easily reachable both through a short staircase, by car within the garden, or by car through a small road within the property. The pool (7 x 18 meters) was converted from an old water basin and is circled by a low wall where there are comfortable sun mats and sun beds. In the annexed living room there is also a sauna and a bathroom with shower. From the pergola that opens in front of the lounge room, you can enjoy a wonderful view of the valley. Have a Martini by the pool at sunset or, during the Autumn months, a glass of Tintoretto (prosecco with granedine).
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): King bedroom with garden view and en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Master bedroom with 2 French beds and spacious en-suite bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): King bedroom suite with bathroom with shower and small reading/lounge room (can hold 1 single bed)
- Bedrooms 4 & 5 (Second Floor): 2 King bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom (1 with shower and 1 with tub)
- Bedroom 6 (Second Floor): King bedroom suite with bathroom with shower and small reading/lounge room (can hold 1 single bed)
- Bedroom 7 (Annex): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- A/C in bedrooms (ceiling fan only in the annex)
- Barbecue grill
- Bocce court
- CD player
- Cellar stocked with carefully selected wines in all price ranges
- Child seat
- Outdoor table tennis
- Outside laundry room with washer (to be used only by the staff)
- Pool towels
- Satellite TV
- Screened windows
- Wireless Internet access
- Work out machine
- Pool (7 x 18 meters) was converted from an old water basin and is circled by a low wall where there are comfortable sun mats and sun beds
- Pool is easily reachable both through a short staircase, by car within the garden, or by car through a small road within the property
Staff and Services
- Final Cleaning
- Morning housekeeping service: 3 hours per day (except Sunday)
- Complimentary welcome dinner
- Gardener and pool maintenance service
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping service and/or extra table serving
- Extra linen change
- Buffet lunch/dinner, including wine
- Villa lunch/dinner, including wine, table service and after-dinner-clean-up
- Personal laundry and ironing service
- Babysitting service, subject to availability
- Use of Sauna
- Wine tastings at the villa can be arranged upon request
- Lucca - 3 hours
- Siena - 2 hours
- Florence - 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Rome - 2 hours
- Electricity, water, and A/C are included
- Heating including wood for fireplace is included
- Laundry (washing machine) & ironing facilities on the premises at guests’ disposal
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All of the extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Umbria Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.
There are currently no reviews.
Up to a $2,000 Amazon Gift Card »
It’s Our Friends & Family Sale
We’re giving you up to a $2,000 Amazon Gift Card
With our fan-favorite Friends & Family Sale, there’s never a better time to start planning your dream Spring Break escape. For a limited time only, when you book your dream villa vacation for travel throughout the months of March or April, we will give you up to $2,000 in an Amazon gift card* to spend your way.
*Please note, the $2,000 Amazon gift card offer is only available for villa guests.
Once your dream villa vacation is booked, your complimentary personal concierge will coordinate and schedule any element of your villa vacation – taking the guesswork out of your getaway like never before.
Here’s how you can earn up to a $2,000 Amazon Gift Card – on us.
Villa Booking Cost
Amazon Gift Card Value
$5,000 – $15,000
$15,001 – $25,000
$25,001 – $35,000
$35,001 – $50,000
$50,001 – $75,000
$75,001 – $100,000
From Jamaica to NYC, from private catamaran tours to performances at The Met, our selection of exclusive villas spans the globe offering luxury with access to some of the world’s best experiences.
Don’t miss our biggest savings of the year!
The Friends & Family Sale ends midnight on February 22, 2019.
Terms & Conditions
Amazon.com gift card offer is valid for new bookings made between 2/11/19 – 2/22/19 for travel from 3/1/19 – 4/30/19. Gift card rewards valid only for villa guests. Amount is based on the base villa cost only and security deposits, concierge services, booking fees, tax and services are not included in calculating the Amazon.com Gift Card amount. Gift Card cannot be applied towards booking value. Gift Card will be emailed within 21 business days of booking being Paid in Full to the email address on file for the primary guest. Email containing gift card code will be sent from email@example.com. May not be combinable with other offers. All offers are subject to availability and may not apply to all villas or travel dates. Other restrictions may apply. Please call for full details. Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Except as required by law, Amazon.com Gift Cards ("GCs") cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods on Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal. GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.
Umbria Travel Guide
Lush & Luxurious
Located East of Tuscany and north of Rome, Umbria is a gem not yet discovered by mass tourism. Populated with lush chestnut groves and elm forests, castles and fortresses, this region’s fairytale scenery has served as inspiration to many well-known artists. Our villas in Umbria are located in small, enchanting towns dotted across the verdant landscape.
Stay in a villa in Perugia, a medieval hill-town where the Umbrian style of painting originated, which can be seen in the works of Raphael. Indulge in the delicious Baci chocolates for which Perugia is famous, and if you visit in the fall, be sure to attend the annual chocolate and jazz festivals.
If you choose to stay in Assisi, the birthplace of St. Francis, Italy’s patron saint and favorite mystic, you'll be surrounded by incredible art, architecture, and medieval ruins. Don't miss the basilica, built in honor of St. Francis and decorated by some of the greatest artists in the early Renaissance era.
Learn more about Umbria »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.