2019 Spotlight on St. Martin
St. Martin was hit hard by Hurricane Irma, but it's making a comeback and welcoming guests to its friendly shores once again.2019-01-25
St. Martin is a unique island in that it’s governed by two countries. In the North, St. Martin is governed by France. The southern territory, St. Maarten, is governed by the Netherlands. Offering two diverse and vibrant atmospheres, it’s the perfect way to experience two destinations in one. Though hard-hit by Hurricane Irma in 2017, St. Martin is the ultimate comeback king, welcoming visitors from around the world back to their breathtaking beaches, world-class watersports, natural adventures, and beyond. Discover why a villa vacation is the ultimate way for your clients to truly discover St. Martin.
On-Island Favorites You Won’t Want to Miss
With lots of places to explore and experience local flare on St. Martin, there’s no shortage of options. We’re sharing a roundup of some of our favorite on-island experiences that are simply unmatched.
- Visit Loterie Farm, a 135-acre nature sanctuary complete with hiking trails, zip lines, a bar and eatery, pool, and even lounge areas.
- Experience Maho Beach. Though often crowded, you’ll delight in watching jets take off and land just a short distance away.
- Head up to Pic Paradis. This is the highest point in a chain of hills on St. Martin where you’ll enjoy panoramic island views from 424 meters above sea level.
- Delve deep into history at Fort Amsterdam where the ruins date back to the 1600s. You’ll see cannons and armaments, all on a backdrop of stunning bays and beaches.
- Discover the Butterfly Farm. This garden-style enclosure gives you the chance to walk amidst gorgeous butterflies. Take a tour, and be sure to stop by the gift shop.
- Indulge at Topper’s Rhum Distillery. Take a tour, learn about the history of making rum in the Caribbean, then sample and savor the local libations.
Three St. Martin Villas Offering the Best of the Best
C’est La Vie
This beachfront beauty is located on the breathtaking Plum Bay beach in the Terres Basses gated community. With space for up to 12 guests, C’est la Vie features everything from a heated pool with accompanying pool bar to three outdoor showers, hammocks for soaking up that warm Caribbean sun, and beyond.
Etoile de Mer
Perched on the edge of the sea, Etoile de Mer sits right at the French/Dutch border of the island. This exquisite hideaway offers that gleaming luxury reminiscent of Greece, and you'll delight in a pristine pool, stunning views all around, and contemporary luxury interiors, to boot.
Contemporary and secluded, Villa O offers a spacious retreat for up to eight guests. Just minutes from the stunning Orient Bay, you'll enjoy the best of indoor-outdoor living, as each room, as direct access to your magnificent pool. Enjoy the best of the best with no compromises, whatsoever.
Ready to go? Check out our lineup of incredible St. Martin villas and find the ultimate escape for you and yours today.