Europe / France / Provence
On Gordes’ landmark, this beautifully renovated 18th century stone house, Villa Philosophia, welcomes eight to ten guests with its two outbuildings nestled in five acres of olive groves and lavender fields with a lovely garden; a perfect setting for its solar cell heated swimming pool.
This 18th century sheepfold, restored with taste and authenticity, is spread on 250 square meters. The main house is composed of four bedrooms, sleeping six (two double beds and two single beds), two bathrooms, a lounge, a dining room and kitchen.
All materials have been selected for their soul such as Burgundy stone floors dating back to the 17th century or the 18th century Spanish doors.
- Large living room and library with a large fireplace ready to be used
- Dining room seating 8 guests
- An old tuned piano
- Fully equipped old style kitchen bright and cozy with a gas Piano cooker "La Cornue" a large refrigerator, dishwasher, a coffee machine and Nespresso
- Laundry room with washer/dryer
- Southern terrace set with an outside lounge area shaded by trees
- 4 Double bedrooms with shower for the master suite on the ground floor, a tub and stone vanity washbasin for the single ground floor bedroom, and a shared large bathroom with bathtub and shower on the upper floor
Air Conditioned Guest House (30 sq m) for 2 Guests
Independent studio offering a lounge area with view of lavender fields, a kitchen (coffee filter machine) and meal corner with a double bedroom and bathroom with a bathtub and a washing machine, toilet
- (Garden Hut) - Take a rest! Standard French bed (140 cm), en-suite shower room, washbasin and water closet
- Swimming pool - 15 x 6 m swimming pool (depth 1.50 m - max 4.50 m) warmed by solar cells hidden on the roof top. The bottom color gives the water its rare luminosity
- On surface and underwater musical system
- The pool area is surrounded with ornamental elements of Balinese style
- Panoramic view of the Luberon
- Large teak pool terrace
- Double sunbathing chairs and sun lounges
- Equipped kitchen with refrigerator, oven, BBQ, dishwasher
- Covered meal area
- Outdoor space protected by glass windows integrated in the ancient stone wall to shelter from wind and enjoy the pool view, gardens and Luberon mountains
- Shower and toilet
- May accommodate 2 guests as back up (double bed)
- An ancient borie and (not dedicated) chapel
- Nice spots within the property to be at ease
- Century old olive trees: home made olive oil, Lavender field, truffle oaks, orchards: cherries, apricots, figs
6 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms
Sleeps 10 Guests
Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): King size bed (180 cm) could be converted into 2 singles beds, with its private glass-paneled shower, vanity wash basin
Bedroom 2 (Ground Floor): King size bed (180 cm) could be converted into 2 single beds, ancient style bathtub, cut stone vanity basin, bidet. There is a water closet for 2 bedrooms
Bedroom 3 (Upper Floor): King size bed (180 cm), access to the terrace sharing bathroom with bedroom 4
Bedroom 4 (Upper Floor): 2 Single beds (90 cm x 90 cm), library, polished concrete bathroom with bathtub and shower shared with bedroom 3. There is a water closet for 2 bedrooms
Bedroom 5 (Guest House): King size bed (180 cm) could be converted into 2 single beds, bathroom with bathtub, basin, water closet
Bedroom 6 (Pool House): 2 Additional single beds (90 cm x 90 cm) with shower room and WC
Swimming pool (15 x 6 m, depth 1.50 m - 4.50 m) warmed by solar cells hidden on the roof top. The bottom color gives the water its rare luminosity
The pool uses a chlorine-free salt electrolysis system
Electric cover system
On surface and underwater musical system
Staff and Services
Cleaning: 5 hours per week Tuesdays (2 hours 30 minutes) and Thursdays (2 hours 30 minutes)
Bed, bath and pool linen provided (Change of house linens on Thursday on a 2 week rental basis)
Welcome first necessities (water, juice, bread, cheese, jam, cereals, milk, eggs)
Meet and greet
Pool maintenance once a week
Staff and Services (at Additional Cost)
Chef or cook
Airport: Avignon, 40 minutes by car
At the heart of the Provencal countryside, far from the crowd and the noise, you will enjoy being alone while standing 5 minutes from Gordes and its small shops as well as of Coustellet farmer's market
Supermarkets and access to the motorway to the beaches (A7) in Cavaillon is about 15 minutes by car
Avignon is a 30-minute drive
TGV train station, airport, motorway to Spain/Italy Marseilles International Airport: 1-hour drive
Children are welcomed
€2,000 - Collected in advance
1 Week. Rentals done from Sunday to Sunday. Minimum night stay may vary by villa. Please contact a villa specialist to confirm.
Discover the ultimate in luxury travel with a private villa experience in more than 52 destinations around the world. From a fully-staffed, beachfront estate in Turks & Caicos to an authentic retreat in the rolling hills of Italy, your one-of-a-kind villa vacation awaits. And now, you'll receive up to $2,000 cash back on your 2023 or 2024 getaway when you take advantage of our exclusive Cyber Week offer. Don't wait to unlock the extraordinary - secure your dream villa today.
Here's how you earn.
|Base Villa Cost||Cash Back*|
|$5,000 - $15,000||$150|
|$15,001 – $25,000||$250|
|$25,001 – $35,000||$350|
|$35,001 – $50,000||$500|
|$50,001 – $75,000||$750|
|$75,001 – $100,000||$1,000|
Book now and unlock your next villa escape.
Offer valid for new bookings made between 11/19/23 – 12/10/23 travel from 11/19/23 - 12/31/24. Amount is based on the base villa cost only. Minimum booking value applies. Cash back will be paid in a Villas of Distinction Visa® Prepaid Card upon deposit. Villas of Distinction Visa® Prepaid Card is issued by MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. No cash access or recurring payments. Can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Card valid for up to 12 months; unused funds will forfeit after the valid thru date. Card terms and conditions apply. Offer is valid for travel advisors’ clients. The Villas of Distinction Prepaid Card will be mailed directly to the travel advisors’ client within 30 days of deposit. Client mailing address must be provided. May not be combinable with other offers. All offers are subject to availability and may not apply to all villas or travel dates. Other restrictions may apply; please call for full details.
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.