Fustic House is a privately owned 11-acre estate, built in the early 18th century from local coral stone.
Fustic House Private Estate Vacation Rental
The property was re-designed between the late 1960’s and early 70’s by the famous English theatrical designer Oliver Messel for Charles Graves (brother of the poet Robert Graves). Oliver’s distinctive style was making indoor and outdoor spaces seamlessly flow together, creating a comfortable and elegant family home of exceptional beauty.
The extensive property with its mahogany park, exotic gardens and stunning views of the Caribbean coastline, is set on a coral ridge, close to the sea, but still benefiting from the cooling and welcoming breezes of the Easterly Trade-winds. The Estate has unparalleled and mature gardens, designed by Todd Langstaffe-Gowan, landscape designer for the Royal Palace of Hampton Court. The grounds are beautifully tended and one can find many unusual and exotic species of Flora and Fauna, making the park and gardens a pleasurable place to stroll or lounge in the shade of the majestic trees or sit to contemplate by the koi-filled lotus lake. With its play area and hidden places, the property is magical for children.
Nestled amongst the gardens is the world famous pool, formed like a natural lagoon, designed by Messel. It is fed by ionised water, making it feel like swimming in a natural spring. At night the pool is lit from below, making it even more romantic and magical. Adjacent to the pool is a large sun-deck, built amongst trees over the ravine like a giant tree house – an ideal place for sun-bathing or drinks before dinner, with the view of the Caribbean always present.
Fustic House has a high performance staff including chef Andy Taylor formally of The Lonestar Restaurant and Maddox fame. It is close to a quiet, sandy beach at Little Good Harbour (3-5 minute walk through Half Moon Fort fishing village). There are 7 luxury suites, housed in four separate wings, close to each other but spaced far enough to give optimum privacy. The Pavilion at bottom of the Tropical Ravine has a suite with outdoor shower and a kitchenette. The reception room 30ftx 20ft (10x7m) has a state of the art home cinema - 60" plasma, high definition TV, Blu Ray DVD and a Martin Logan electrostatic speaker sound system. It is surrounded by wrap around Purpleheart terracing, with a mahogany tree growing through the west deck. Almost 300 years in the making, Fustic House Private Estate represents the very best in Caribbean gracious living.
Rates Table Key:
Travel Dates Bedrooms
Minimum Stay Starting Price
|Now to Apr 14, 2019||7||5||
$ 4,750 € 4287 $ 6848 $ 6484 4866 £ 3669
|Apr 15, 2019 to Dec 14, 2019||7||5||
$ 3,750 € 3384 $ 5406 $ 5119 3842 £ 2897
|Dec 15, 2019 to Jan 10, 2020
Christmas / New Year's
$ 7,750 € 6994 $ 11172 $ 10579 7939 £ 5986
Please add 7.5% Value Added Tax plus 1.5% Service Fee to all rates.
Please add a 7.5 % Tax and 1.5% Service Fee to all reservations.
Please note that for all bookings with travel on and after January 1, 2020, the Tax Rate is 15% plus a 1.5% Service Charge.
A security deposit is taken at the time of final payment.
Please add 2.5% Room Rate Levy to all rates (capped at $10/bedroom/night).
Security Deposit: $2,500
Minimum Stay: Minimum night stay may vary by villa. Please contact a villa specialist to confirm.
Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
- Great House - Master Bedroom: King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning
- Great House - Wisteria Suite: King size bed, air-conditioning
- Messel Wing - Sunset Suite: 2 Twin beds (combine for king), en-suite, air-conditioning
- Messel Wing - Seaview Suite: 2 Twin beds (combine for king), en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning
- Plantation Wing - Mahogany Suite: King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning
- Plantation Wing - Wicker Suite: King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning
- Pavilion: King size bed, air-conditioning
- Master Bathroom Tub, Shower, Double Vanity
- Wisteria Suite Bathroom: Bathroom Adjacent, shower only, single vanity
- Sunset Suite Bathroom: Shower only, single vanity
- Seaview Suite Bathroom: Shower only, single vanity
- Mahogany Suite Bathroom: Tub, outdoor shower, double vanity
- Wicker Suite Bathroom: Tub, outdoor shower, double vanity
- Pavilion Bathroom: Bathroom adjacent, outdoor shower, single vanity
- All linen and soft furnishings from India by Lindsay Taylor
- Bose sound systems in all suites
- CD player
- Ceiling Fans
- Complete privacy in 11 acres of landscaped tropical gardens
- DVD player
- Fax Machine
- Fustic branded robes are provided in each bedroom
- L'Occitane Luxury Amenities provided on arrival
- Outdoor Shower
- Pizza oven
- Security Safe
- Small on-property gym with free weights, yoga and pilates equipment, children’s play area, table tennis, badminton, trampoline, seesaw and swing
- State of the art Home Theater System
- TV with Cable
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Watersports (by request)
- Wireless internet
- Lagoon Pool with its 120m2 pool deck suspended over the Tropical Ravine - Heaven's Gate.
Staff and Services
- Owner's Representative
- Chef - Professional Chef offers five star cuisine
- Kitchen Assistant
- 3 Housekeepers, including a laundress
- Estate Manager
- 3 - 4 Gardeners
- 24-hour Security
- Just north of Speightstown on Barbados' West Coast
- Children are welcome - there is a games room in the Plantation Wing and a large trampoline in the grounds.
- Use of Port St Charles Yacht Club with a lagoon front restaurant, bar, swimming pool and beach facilities.
- 11 acres of tropical gardens enhanced by ponds with colorful koi. One pond has a relaxing water feature.
- Small on-property gym with free weights, yoga and pilates equipment, children’s play area, table tennis, volleyball/badminton, trampoline, croquet, seesaw and swing. A game of boules in the main house gardens is also available at the guests leisure.
Barbados Villa Notes
- Most Barbados rental villas come with a full staff, consisting of cook, maid, and laundress. A private cook will prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner – meals that you choose based on your own personal tastes. Please inquire about staffing at your villa at the time of booking.
Additional Villa Notes
- Barbados has implemented a Room Rate Levy of 2.5% per room per night (capped at $10/room/night) to be added to all bookings.
- It should be noted that beaches change their shape and size from day to day, week to week and month to month, mainly as a response to seasonal waves, currents and tides.
The exact location of Fustic House Private Estate is not available on this map. The pin on the map below shows the approximate location of St. Lucy, Barbados:
Fustic House Private Estate Reviews
There are currently no reviews.
There are currently no specials available for Fustic House Private Estate.
Barbados Travel Guide
Irresistible Island Charm
Affectionately called "Little England," Barbados features a unique combination of British tradition and Caribbean flair, creating an irresistibly charming atmosphere. Watch a game of cricket (the island's national sport), sip afternoon tea on your private patio overlooking the sea, frolic in crystal-clear turquoise water, and help yourself to the island's world-famous rum.
Our exquisite Barbados vacation homes range from 1-bedroom cottages to expansive 10-bedroom estates on the island's legendary beaches. Most of our luxury villas in Barbados come with a full staff – chef, butler, housekeeper and more – at no extra charge. Allow your private chef to entertain your palate with traditional Bajan cuisine as you dine poolside to the backdrop of a breathtaking sunset.
Learn more about Barbados »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.