Sugar Hill at Tryall Vacation Rental
Sugar Hill is a gorgeous 8-bedroom island home privately perched atop a lush 3-acre property, overlooking the glittering Caribbean Sea and The Tryall Club.
Sugar Hill's 4-bedroom Main Villa and 4-bedroom Guest House provide a luxurious, yet relaxed setting for getaways with friends, couples, families and children, golf and tennis buffs, and wedding parties. It is also ideal for executive and yoga retreats. Sugar Hill is located only 12 miles west of the Montego Bay airport and transportation can easily be arranged.
The 4-bedroom Main Villa has an expansive one level floor plan villa with views of the glittering turquoise water and curvaceous coastline from every room. Built in the traditional Jamaican plantation style with multiple peaked roofs and high ceilings, louver windows and doors and breezy galleries and verandas, the house is filled with original Jamaican art and beautiful hand carved Mahogany furniture.
The pivotal point of the house is a hand cut stone Sugar tower similar to those found in the old island sugar cane mills from which it derives it’s name. Just steps away from the main villa is the charming 4-bedroom Guest House, heated 44 X 22 foot aqua glass tiled pool, and hot tub.
While the villa is typical in its Jamaican style, the amenities are purely modern. Wireless Internet and a Vonage phone will keep you connected to the world outside. Every room has air conditioning and ceiling fans and all bedrooms have flat screen TVs, DVD/CD and iPod players.
- 4 Bedrooms elegantly furnished with en suite baths, gorgeous Caribbean views
- Living Room: Beautifully decorated with comfortable couches, club chairs and ottomans, Game table, Stereo, CD/DVD and iPod player and flat screen TV
- Expansive veranda for relaxing with family and friends while enjoying the magnificent views, delightful weather and balmy breezes
- Formal dining room seats 16 with custom designed mahogany table and chairs
- Al Fresco dining under a beautiful flower covered trellis
- Wet Bar with ice machine, refrigerator
- Sugar Tower and Sundeck- Hand cut stone indoor/outdoor room with beautiful arched doorways – perfect for a romantic dinner, yoga, massage, even a wedding ceremony.
- Sundeck atop the Sugar Tower – panoramic views, superb for sunbathing, cocktails, star and moon gazing
- Recreation room- pool, ping pong and fusbol tables, darts board games and puzzles, bocce
- Wood burning pizza oven - chef can create wide variety of delicious pizzas
- Pottery Studio- brand new/fully equipped. Private lessons can be arranged. Supervision required.
- 3 Beautiful bedrooms with en suite baths, spectacular views
- Sitting room with private bath, wet bar and TV
- Gym: fully equipped with treadmill, recumbent bike, universal machine, weights, bands, balls, exercise videos
Tryall Club Membership
A significant amenity for guests in this villa is membership at the excellent Tryall Club. On 2,200 acres, Tryall’s golf course is among the most beautiful in the world. Its 18 hillside and seaside fairways have been home to the Johnnie Walker, Mazda and other PGA championship events. The resident pro offers workshops and private lessons. The Tryall tennis club features nine Nova Cushion courts, some lit for night play, with world-class pro’s on call. All whites required.
The beach is well planned for parents and children. Have lunch at the beach bar. Work out in the well-equipped gym. Jog the marked trails. Snorkeling, kayaking, hobie cat and sunfish are complimentary. Glass bottom boats, charter fishing, a boat to the reef and any captained craft attract various fees. Enjoy weekly events like the Manager’s Cocktail Party and Beach BBQ on Mondays, and Reggae Night beach party every Thursday.
On the hill, enjoy the historic Great House for afternoon tea and a magnificent view from the terrace. Shop at the commissary and boutique, meet for happy hour at the bar, and browse a wealth of Jamaican, Haitian and Cuban works and souvenirs in the Gallery of West Indian Art. And don’t miss the massive Tryall pool!
Tryall Club Golf Course Note: The back nine holes of the golf course will be closed from May 2 - October 3, 2016 for extensive renovation. The front nine holes of the golf course will remain open all summer. Members & guests who wish to play 18 holes between May 2nd and Oct 3rd can play the front 9 holes twice. The tees will be set-up with a front nine and back set, as many 9 hole courses do, in order to give a different feel to the golf course. The driving range will remain open as normal. All green fees during this period will be charged at our 9 hole rates regardless of whether the golfer plays 9 or 18 holes. Normal cart and caddy fees will apply.
Tryall is a private club whose members may use most Club facilities at no charge with the exception of golf, food and beverage, and spa services. Complimentary amenities include the beach, water sports, tennis, the excellent gym, the Hummingbird Kids Club, Great House afternoon tea, the Manager’s Cocktail Party and various special events.
The Tryall Club requires all villa and condo guests to become members during their stay via Temporary Membership Dues of US$130 per person, per week for each guest 16 or older, or US$26 per person, per day for stays of less than 7 days.
Plan to pay your Temporary Membership Dues locally at the Front Desk in the Great House when you register. Credit cards are accepted. You will be given a temporary membership card to enable your access to all Club facilities.
Tryall Club Front Desk will set up a charge account for you during your stay. If you plan to pay for your charge account in cash at the end of your stay, they will request a cash deposit. If you plan to pay for your charge account with a credit card, they will place a hold on your card to cover this amount (recommended hold amount is US$150 per adult per day).
- Main Villa:
- 2 Master suites each with Mahogany 4 poster beds, studies and private verandas, one with outdoor shower and tropical garden
- 2 Guest bedrooms with flexible twin beds that convert to kings
- Guest House:
- 1 Upstairs master suite with queen size bed, 2 twin beds, balcony
- 2 Guest bedrooms (one with balcony), with flexible twin beds that convert to kings
- Sitting room with en suite bath and balcony
- Three Complimentary Golf Carts
- Indoor/Outdoor Dining
- iPod Dock
- Wet Bar
- Flat Screen TV's
- Games Room
- Wheelchair accessible
- Audio headphones for hearing impaired
- Heated pool
Staff and Services
- 2 Housekeepers
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Nanny services are available, excellent and reasonable
- 12 Miles from Montego Bay airport
- The beach, golf course, tennis courts, spa, shops and Great House, are just a 5-minute golf cart ride away.
- Children are welcome
- The Hummingbird Kids Club at The Tryall Club is open every day.
- Sugar Hill is committed to protecting our beautiful environment and conserving energy. Smoking is NOT permitted in the villa and guesthouse.
Jamaica Villa Notes
- Most Jamaican rental villas come with a full staff, consisting of cook, maid, and laundress. A private cook will prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- meals that you choose based on your own personal tastes.
- A prepaid refundable security/damage deposit is required by most Jamaican Villas usually $500 - $1000 per stay. Please inquire with your Villa Specialist for exact amounts at time of booking.
Additional Villa Notes
- TRYALL CLUB TEMPORARY MEMBERSHIP FEE: Tryall is a private club whose members may use most Club facilities at no charge with the exception of golf, food and beverage, and spa services. Complimentary amenities include the beach, water sports, tennis, the excellent gym, the Hummingbird Kids Club, Great House afternoon tea, the Manager’s Cocktail Party and various special events.
- The Tryall Club requires all villa and condo guests to become members during their stay via Temporary Membership Dues of US$130 per person, per week for each guest 16 or older, or US$26 per person, per day for stays of less than 7 days.
- Plan to pay your Temporary Membership Dues locally at the Front Desk in the Great House when you register. Credit cards are accepted. You will be given a temporary membership card to enable your access to all Club facilities.
- Tryall Club Front Desk will set up a charge account for you during your stay. If you plan to pay for your charge account in cash at the end of your stay, they will request a cash deposit. If you plan to pay for your charge account with a credit card, they will place a hold on your card to cover this amount (recommended hold amount is US$150 per adult per day).
- Crib rentals are $11 per day
- Tryall Club charges for early check-in (before 3pm) and late check-out (after 12 noon)
- All rates are subject to change
- TRYALL CLUB WEDDINGS: You need to get confirmation from the Homeowner in order to confirm a wedding at a Villa- Please contact reservations as they would be better able to reach out to the homeowner for confirmation. The Weddings Department utilizes the club areas such as The Great House Lawn, Great House Terrace and The Almond Tree Lawn and Terrace or The Quiet Beach. See Tryall Club Weddings Brochure in vendor file.
|Now to Nov 17, 2017||6||
$ 1,949 € 1825 $ 2645 $ 2706 1981 £ 1554
|Now to Nov 17, 2017||7||
$ 2,338 € 2189 $ 3173 $ 3246 2377 £ 1864
|Now to Nov 17, 2017||8||
$ 2,857 € 2675 $ 3878 $ 3967 2904 £ 2278
|Nov 18, 2017 to Nov 25, 2017
$ 3,000 € 2808 $ 4072 $ 4166 3050 £ 2392
|Nov 26, 2017 to Dec 18, 2017||6||
$ 1,949 € 1825 $ 2645 $ 2706 1981 £ 1554
|Nov 26, 2017 to Dec 18, 2017||7||
$ 2,338 € 2189 $ 3173 $ 3246 2377 £ 1864
|Nov 26, 2017 to Dec 18, 2017||8||
$ 2,857 € 2675 $ 3878 $ 3967 2904 £ 2278
|Dec 19, 2017 to Jan 2, 2018
Contact About Availability
Government Consumption Tax of 10% must be applied to the villa rental rate. Please add a $130 per week resort fee for all guests 16 and over. Special rates apply for holiday weeks. Easter holiday week is any 7 nights that includes Easter Sunday.
Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
Sugar Hill at Tryall Reviews
There are currently no reviews.
Final Days: Up to $2,000 to Spend »
Complete the perfect villa vacation with your choice of added services, amenities, and more – it’s on us! Book any villa now for 2017 and receive up to $2,000 to spend during your stay. Add a chef to prepare meals in your villa, or airport transfers to take the stress out of your arrival. And, choose from a variety of incredible activities: a private yacht sail in Turks and Caicos, a zipline adventure in Mexico, wine tours in Tuscany, and much more.
When you call to book, you’ll enjoy the included services of a personal Villa Concierge, who will help you plan the details of your stay and arrange extras using your spending credit.
Book by April 28th to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
Valid for new bookings made 3/6/17 - 4/28/17 for travel 3/6/17 - 12/31/17. Includes Concierge Credit of up to $2,000. Amount is based on the value of the booking not including security deposit. Valid for pre-paid services only. Services offered are subject to availability. Mention promo code CC100017 at the time of booking. No cash value. The value of any unused credit is non-refundable. Credit cannot be applied towards booking value. May not be combinable with other offers. All offers are subject to availability and may not apply to all villas or travel dates. Other restrictions may apply; please call for full details.
Jamaica Travel Guide
Out of Many, One People
One of the Caribbean’s most popular villa destinations, Jamaica has something for everyone and every occasion. Many venture to Jamaica to tan and relax on the breathtaking beaches, while others come to enjoy the plethora of activities. Avid snorkelers and scuba divers can discover the beautiful coral reefs and exotic marine life. Coffee lovers will take pleasure in the delicious home-grown coffee from the famous Jamaican Blue Mountains, which are also ideal for hiking and horseback riding. Sightseers will want to climb the world-famous 600-foot-high Dunn's River Falls, and bird-lovers will enjoy the Rocklands Feeding Station, home to Jamaica’s 27 native species. Those who want to see beautiful sunsets should partake in the Jamaican tradition and head over to the famous Rick’s Cafe in Negril, where visitors will not only see magnificent sunset views, but also watch brave cliff-jumpers dive into the crystal-clear water.
A villa vacation in Jamaica is unique in that many of our villas come with a full staff (chef, butler, housekeeper and laundress) included. The friendly staff will treat you with their “No problem, mon” service, where everything you desire is at your beck and call.
Learn more about Jamaica »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.