- Locations: 17
- Villas: 82
- Private Islands: 0
A little over an hour from Miami, this British Overseas Territory consists of over 40 islands, only 8 of which are inhabited. Of the 8 inhabited islands, the most popular vacation spots are Grand Turk, the capital, and Providenciales (also known as Provo), home to Grace Bay Beach, which is consistently voted the best beach in the world.
Enjoy snorkeling, whale-watching, horseback riding on the beach, and hiking through Conch Bar Cave, a limestone cave created by saltwater over 600 years ago. Villas in Turks and Caicos provide a true island getaway, perfect for everyone from honeymooners to groups of friends.
Turks and Caicos Villas
One of the biggest events of the year in Turks & Caicos is the winter arrival of migrating humpback whales. Snorkel and swim alongside these magnificent creatures for the experience of a lifetime.
A pair of companies that offer tours include Salt Cay Adventure Tours and Salt Cay Divers .
Salt Cay Adventure Tours adventures could include swimming with the rays, trips to deserted islands and close encounters with humpback whales.
Salt Cay Divers offers diving for all levels of expertise and allow you to get up close and personal with reefs populated by healthy, abundant coral, sponges and fish or explore an un-salvaged 18th Century shipwreck.
Located on the picturesque island of Providenciales, the Provo Golf & Country Club features a Karl Litten design 18-hole, 72 par course, which is consistently rated as one of the Caribbean's top 10 golf courses.
The Club offers tailor-made golf clubs for rental. Their championship golf course facilities include a full-service pro shop, practice chipping and putting areas, bag-storage, flood-lit tennis and Fairways Bar and Grill.
Tee times can be booked 90 days in advance.
Like many of our destinations, there is the opportunity to take away more than just the memories. Turks and Caicos offers souvenir shops, local crafts markets and a few upscale jewelry shops and boutiques in the Grace Bay area.
Grocery shopping can be done at one of two main Graceway IGA supermarkets on the island (the newly built Gourmet is right in Grace Bay and the other along the Leeward Highway in between Grace Bay and the airport).
- A beach lover’s delight – the Turks and Caicos beaches are some of the most incredible in the world
- Divers and snorkelers will be enamored by the natural beauty and marine life of coral reefs that surround the islands.
- Nonstop flights into Providenciales International airport arrive from New York, Boston, Miami, Dallas, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Toronto.
- USD is the official currency and official language is English
- Electricity is generally 110 volts (same as U.S.). Confirm with your Villa Specialist before travel.
- While locals insist that tap water is safe, stick to bottled water
- Average temperature generally ranges between 85° and 90°