Nel Guasto Vacation Rental
This pretty farmhouse is located 2 km away from Castelvecchio di Compito, a small medieval village on the hills between Lucca and Pisa.
The area, known as Compitese, is renowned for its fine olive oil and for its beautiful camellias. The house is placed in a very quiet position and enjoys magnificent views on the surrounding countryside and the plane below. The owners have been renting for many years another property in our program, Al Mennucci, and when restoring Nel Guasto they used all the experience they achieved during the past years. During the restoration work they took great care in using only authentic Tuscan materials and they furnished the interiors with a nice combination of antique furniture and modern facilities, including flat TV in each room. Particular attention was given to the kitchen /dining area, very light, comfortable and well-organized, and to the outside eating area, close to the stone-built barbecue and pizza-oven, where to enjoy out-door meals with beautiful views. The swimming pool is placed in the most panoramic position on the very well kept garden. Nel Guasto is a real oasis of peace and relax, but being at only 15 km from the nearest motorway exit it is also an ideal base for touring Tuscany.
- Living/dining room, opening on to the garden
- Kitchen opening on to the garden and outside eating area
- Guest bathroom
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (shower only)
- Twin bedroom
- Bedroom with French bed
- Bathroom (shower only)
- 2 bathrooms (1 en-suite)
- Internet (high-spped)
- Satellite TV
- Central heating
- Swimming pool (10 x 4m) is placed in the most panoramic position on the very well kept garden
- Pool is open from May 28 to October 1
Staff and Services
- Housekeeping is included at 6 hours per week.
- Castelvecchio di Compito (shops, bar, restaurant, small supermarket): 1.9km
- Bientina (closet supermarket): 8km
- Lucca: 15km
- Pontedera: 16km
- Firenze: 70km
- Capannori Highway: 15km
- Pisa Airport: 32km
- Pets are not allowed
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.
Additional Villa Notes
- Guests must arrive between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and leave before 10 a.m. on the day of departure. If the guest is late, advance notice must be given in writing. In case of flight delays or inconvenient while traveling, guests should contact the office or the local housekeeper. Late arrivals are very difficult to be arranged and the housekeepers may reserve the right to ask for an extra fee, depending on the single case. In any case it is not possible to arrange arrivals after 10 p.m. It is up to the keyholder’s discretion to decide whether or not to allow clients to enter the house at times other than those stated.
|Now to Dec 23, 2017||3||
$ 314 € 261 $ 402 $ 397 309 £ 238
|Dec 23, 2017 to Jan 6, 2018||3||
$ 344 € 286 $ 441 $ 435 339 £ 261
Tourist tax to be paid locally
Please add a 2.5% service charge to all rates.
Heating is an additional cost
Security Deposit: €500 - Paid locally in cash
Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
Nel Guasto Reviews
There are currently no reviews.
Up to $5,000 in Destination Dollars »
For over 30 years, Villas of Distinction been creating one-of-a-kind getaways and lasting memories at the world’s top villas, and since day one, it’s been a joy and an honor making your villa vacation dreams come true. As the years have gone on, many of you have trusted us with your villa vacations time and time again, and we’re so thankful for the loyalty and support we continue to receive from customers like you — that’s why we’ve deemed October “Customer Appreciation Month”.
As our way of saying “thank you” for your continued support over the years, we’re giving you up to $5,000 in Destination Dollars when you book your dream getaway with us. Use your Destination Dollars for just about anything during your stay, including:
- Airport Fast Track Service
- Boat Charters
- Cooking Classes
- Food & Wine Pre-Stocking
- Guided Local Excursions
- In-Villa Massages
- Personal Driver
- Private Chef
- Rental Car
Once your dream getaway is booked, your included personal concierge can coordinate and schedule virtually any aspect of your villa vacation.
This offer ends October 31, 2017 — book now while our best villas are still available!
Offer valid for new bookings made between 10/9/17 - 10/31/17 for travel from 12/16/17 - 12/31/18. Destination Dollars of up to $5,000. Amount is based on the base villa cost only and security deposits, concierge services, booking fees, tax and services are not included in calculating the Destination Dollar amount. Valid for select pre-paid services only. Mention promo code 5000-FREE at the time of booking. Service offered is subject to availability. No cash value. The value of any unused credit is non-refundable. Credit cannot be applied towards booking value. May not be combinable with other offers. All offers are subject to availability and may not apply to all villas or travel dates. Other restrictions may apply; please call for full details. Applies to new bookings only.
Tuscany Travel Guide
Tuscany is overflowing with natural, architectural, and artistic masterpieces. The birthplace of Italian Renaissance is home to rolling hills, majestic cypress trees, miles of sandy coastline, and beautiful vineyards in addition to the world's finest art center, Florence. Stay in a rustic yet elegant villa enjoying life's greatest pleasures: sprawling countryside, simple, fresh cuisine, and Italy's finest wines.
Each villa rental in this magnificent province is unique to the area in which it resides. A shopper’s delight, Florence is home to charming cobblestone streets, artistic and architectural masterpieces, and some of the world’s biggest fashion icons. Those who rent villas in the 39-square mile Chianti wine region will love sampling the fruits of the region’s spectacular vineyards at the wineries themselves or in the comfort of their villa. Villas in the bigger cities of Pisa and Livorno offer a slightly different experience, allowing vacationers to explore the mystique of the Medici era and visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Famous for its butteri, cowboys who managed cattle, Maremma offers visitors the opportunity to go horseback riding or swim in one of the area's beautiful bays. In Siena, one of the region's loveliest medieval cities, visitors can stroll the famous shell-shaped Piazzo del Campo, where horse races are held twice a year. No matter where in Tuscany you choose to stay, your villa vacation is guaranteed to be unforgettable.
Learn more about Tuscany »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.