WHY CHOOSE AN ITALIAN VILLA?
Our diverse portfolio of Italian villa vacation rentals offer a new way to explore Italy’s famed regions, like Tuscany, Chianti, Lake Como, the Amalfi Coast, and more. With ample space and privacy, as well as world-class amenities your Italian villa elevates the experience, offering a more personalized vacation for all. With more than 240 Italian villas ranging from two to 19 bedrooms, we have a villa that is perfect for absolutely every occasion.
THE BEST TIME TO VISIT ITALY
Visitors from around the world flock to Italy each year, but the country does have two ideal times for visiting. Most visitors will attest to the fact that the best time for an Italian villa vacation is either in the spring (from April to early June), or the fall (from September through October). The peak summer months tend to be much hotter, more crowded, and more expensive during the peak season.
- Best Time to Visit the Wine Country – Visits to the wine region of Tuscany and Chianti take place throughout the year. However, the most scenic time to visit is between March and early May, as well as January and February, when vintners have the most time to share their work with guests.
- Best Weather for Italian Villa Vacations – If you’re looking for that postcard-perfect weather, you’ll want to book your travel from May through October.
- Best Time to Visit Italy’s Beaches – Most of Italy’s popular beach towns like Positano and Amalfi are extremely busy during the summer months. As you head into September and October, the weather is usually still warm enough to swim. Early spring – around April or May – is also ideal to visit beach towns before the crowds set in.
POPULAR ITALIAN VILLA EXPERIENCES
Italy plays host to the perfect blend of nature, culture, and cuisine, offering visitors from around the world the opportunity to experience what makes this European country such an historic landmark. The options for experiences are endless, and whether taking a couple’s getaway or a family trip to Italy, there’s something for everyone with an Italian villa vacation.
- Forage for Black Truffles in Umbria – Join a truffle hunter and his dogs in search of Umbria’s world-famous black truffles. You’ll explore the woods of Italy, learn the secrets of finding the best truffles, and learn insider’s tips and tricks on how to cook with these local gems. Best of all, most tours give you the opportunity to sample these truffles in traditional dishes alongside local organic wines.
- Take a Cooking Class from the Locals – If you’ve ever wanted to make your own pasta but been put off by the work, this is the perfect time and place to try. You’ll have the chance to learn how to roll your own pasta by hand and create traditional dishes like tagliatelle al ragù with recipes that have been handed down for generations.
- Explore the Chianti Wine Region – Tuscany is hailed for its diverse landscapes, but perhaps the most famous of all is Chianti, known for its eponymous wine. Take a guided (or private) tour of one of Chianti’s many vineyards – like Barone Ricasoli – where you can sip and sample exactly what makes this region and wine so famous.
All Italy LocationsAmalfi Coast (55) Lazio (2) Liguria (1) Puglia (10) Sardinia (6) Sicily (33) The Lakes (25) Tuscany (140) Umbria (2) Venice (2) Agrigento (3) Alberobello Area (2) Bellagio (1) Capri (4) Castello Orientale (1) Catania Area (4) Chianti Region (15) Cortona (3) Fasano Area (1) Florence Area (25) Florence City (11) Itria Valley (2) Lake Como (22) Lake Garda (1) Lezzeno (1) Lucca Area (41) Maiori (3) Maremma (7) Marsala Area (2) Montaione (1) Montelopio (2) Nerano (5) Noto (3) Orvieto Area (1) Ostuni Area (1) Palermo (6) Perugia Area (1) Pisa Area (2) Portofino Area (1) Positano Area (15) Positano City (1) Praiano (4) Ravello (2) Rome City (2) Salina (1) San Michele (2) Siena Area (11) Siracusa (3) Sorrento Area (18) Taormina (5) Trapani (3) Val d’Orcia (14) Val di Noto (1)
Our Exclusive Offers
We pride ourselves in offering some of the best savings on the world's foremost luxury villa rentals. From limited-time free nights to reduced rates, bonus amenities, and beyond, don't miss your chance to save on your next villa rental.View More Exclusive Offers
If you’re interested in witnessing the grape and olive harvest, visit Tuscany in the fall, when vineyards, wineries, and olive presses will be in full swing. September also brings lovely mild weather to the coast, which can be quite hot in the summer.
If you want to be like a local, don't order a Cappuccino anytime after 11 AM, especially with a meal, it is strictly a breakfast drink.
Must See & Do
Top Regional Activities:
- Indulge in local cuisine, delicious coffee, gelato, and fine wine.
- Visit the sites, including the Coliseum, Pompeii, the Historic Center of Siena, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- For an active adventure, climb Mount Vesuvius or Stromboli
- Take in the postcard-perfect scenery of Lake Como.
- Enjoy a sunset dinner cruise along the Amalfi Coast.
Allow Us to Arrange
Most Popular Concierge Service
- Exclusive winery tours and tastings
- Market excursions and cooking classes
- In-villa olive oil tasting and pasta-making lessons
- Private truffle hunting excursions
- Premier art and culture tours
- Private boat tours and yacht rentals
Your Personal Villa Concierge
When you book with Villas of Distinction, it's all about you. We customize your escape from start to finish ensuring it exceeds your expectations and you experience more than ever before.
Your personal Villa Concierge is your partner in exclusive getaways. Looking to experience a local vineyard? We've got you covered. Hoping to score tickets to an on-island event that sells out fast? No problem. No request is too big or too small.
What We Can Do For You
- Suggest and arrange local immersive experiences
- Coordinate car rentals, drivers & airport transfers
- Grocery stocking to ensure convenience & comfort
- Handle last-minute itinerary changes
- Make restaurant reservations & more