About Punta Mita
Exclusive & Exquisite
Tucked away on a small peninsula on the Pacific Coast of Mexico, Punta Mita is a haven for vacationers seeking low-key luxury. The resort town is only a short drive from Puerto Vallarta – another Mexican gem for its beaches, water sports, shopping, and dining – but its exclusivity can make guests feel worlds away from other travelers.
Relax on your beachside palapa as you take in the exquisite views of the Pacific Ocean and Banderas Bay, surrounded by the backdrop of the majestic Sierra Madre Mountains. Punta Mita lies on the same latitude as Hawaii, meaning year-round balmy weather and gentle sea breezes – perfect for learning to sail or surf. Spend time in the gorgeous turquoise water snorkeling among colorful coral reefs, swimming with dolphins, or paddle boarding past rocky vistas. Fresh seafood, exotic cocktails, and lively nightlife – from salsa clubs to chic beachside lounges – are easy to find, but you can easily hide away with your loved ones in your fully staffed villa and want for nothing at all. With a private pool, beach, and maybe even your own personal chef, complete seclusion is completely heavenly. A luxury villa vacation in Punta Mita is nothing less than your own private piece of paradise.
Don't miss out on chartering a boat to take you to Islas Marieta, a Mexican national park.
Punta Mita is at the same latitude as Hawaii and enjoys a similar breezy, balmy climate. Since the weather is pleasant year-round, plan your Punta Mita travel at your leisure.
Must See & Do
Top Regional Activities:
- Whale watching expeditions are not to be missed on a Punta Mita villa rental. Every year from December to April, you’ll witness migrating humpback whales, and even orcas (killer whales), in the waters of Banderas Bay.
- Take a sailing trip to the unspoiled Marietta Islands, where you can explore caves and enjoy beautiful snorkeling among a variety of tropical fish.
- Find picturesque beaches and charming shops and restaurants in the relaxed fishing village of Sayulita. Just a short drive or taxi ride away, Sayulita makes for a great day trip.
- Discover the tropical forests of Punta Mita on a canopy tour, where you’ll zip through the treetops, past lush foliage and beautiful wildlife. You can also explore Punta Mita’s diverse landscapes by horseback, or on one of several hiking trails.
- Golf The Pacifico - an oft-praised Jack Nicklaus Signature course that features 18 holes set amidst ocean views and white-sand beaches, or enjoy Litibu Golf Course is a par-72, 18-hole link-style course designed by Greg Norman.
Allow Us to Arrange
Most Popular Concierge Service:
- Private airport transfers
- A full-day boat excursion with a captain/guide
- A sunset dinner cruise
- In-villa massages and spa treatments
- Private chef service for the first or last nights of your stay
Your Personal Villa Concierge
When you book with Villas of Distinction, it's all about you. We customize your escape from start to finish ensuring it exceeds your expectations and you experience more than ever before.
Your personal Villa Concierge is your partner in exclusive getaways. Looking to experience a local vineyard? We've got you covered. Hoping to score tickets to an on-island event that sells out fast? No problem. No request is too big or too small.
What We Can Do For You
- Suggest and arrange local immersive experiences
- Coordinate car rentals, drivers & airport transfers
- Grocery stocking to ensure convenience & comfort
- Handle last-minute itinerary changes
- Make restaurant reservations & more