8 Expert Tips to Help You Find Your Villa
We asked our Villa Specialists to weigh in on places to go, things to do, what to bring and more.2016-03-31
Inquiring villa guests want to know: where should I go? When should I book? What would a Villa Specialist do? We chose eight questions for our villa experts – some frequently asked by guests, some just out of our own curiosity. Their answers could be very helpful when finding your next villa vacation. Here’s what they had to say:
What travel items should you always pack?
- Sunscreen. Many villas have some on hand, but if you need to purchase it in certain island destinations, it can be very pricey.
- Plastic bags: grocery bags for wet bathing suits or shoes, and little Ziploc bags for treasures such as sea shells (or a bag of sand from a destination you’re visiting for the first time!)
What villa in our collection is your dream vacation?
- Hacienda Santa Ines, Costa Rica – a 300-acre estate with everything you need on site
- Tequila Sunrise, Anguilla – a charming villa on the beach that includes a mascot, Billy the “goat”
- Anything in Tuscany for the food, wine, views and explorations
What will be the most popular travel destinations in 2016?
- Europe, especially Italy, for the summer
- Turks and Caicos, for the beaches
- Barbados and Jamaica, as most villas include staff
What are good destinations for families?
- St. Martin, Jamaica and Barbados - all have a good variety of beaches, sightseeing tours/excursions and watersports
How far in advance should I book a villa?
- Europe villas or holiday (Christmas and New Year’s) villas should be booked as much as a year in advance. Summer villas should be booked 6 to 8 months in advance. Last-minute villas are almost always available – call us to ask.
Do I need a car rental with a villa?
- Having a car is strongly recommended, so you can see and do everything that you want. A Villa Concierge can book a car rental for you in advance, and frequently even have it delivered to your villa. Or, they can arrange for a private driver who is licensed, insured and knowledgeable of the area.
How can I get recommendations on things to do/see in my destination?
- A Villa Concierge can recommend activities, whether that’s cooking classes in Italy, a private catamaran sail in the British Virgin Islands, or a hike to a waterfall in Jamaica.
What destination would you recommend for a first-time villa guest?
- The U.S. Virgin Islands. They’re accessible by direct, easy flights, plus there are so many beautiful beaches and activities for all interests.
Have a question of your own? Contact us at 800.289.0900 to speak to a qualified villa expert who can provide an answer and help you find the perfect villa.